[SOLVED] Freeze after exiting a full screen game on Duplicate Display.

shado_BG

Reputable
Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys. From couple of days i have this strange problem and i can't find a solution.
After i exit or Alt+Tab any game, my PC freeze for a second (only the picture, not the sound). This is happening with all games only if i play them on full screen and Duplicate Display. If the game is on full screen but only on my main monitor there is no freezing. There is no freezing also if i use Duplicate Displays and Borderless window in game. I tried to reinstall the drivers with DDU, System Restore, Disc Cleanup and games installed on HDD or SSD without a result. I tried also to disable/enable in-game overlay in Nvidia and with or without GPU overclock. It seems that the Duplicate Displays cause the problem but i don't know how to fix this. I will be very grateful if someone can help me :)
Some info: Windows 10, GTX 970, I5-8600K, 16Gb ram. Main monitor is 144Hz and second 60Hz

Solution
Hi guys. From couple of days i have this strange problem and i can't find a solution.
After i exit or Alt+Tab any game, my PC freeze for a second (only the picture, not the sound). This is happening with all games only if i play them on full screen and Duplicate Display. If the game is on full screen but only on my main monitor there is no freezing. There is no freezing also if i use Duplicate Displays and Borderless window in game. I tried to reinstall the drivers with DDU, System Restore, Disc Cleanup and games installed on HDD or SSD without a result. I tried also to disable/enable in-game overlay in Nvidia and with or without GPU overclock. It seems that the Duplicate Displays cause the problem but i don't know how to fix this...
After i exit or Alt+Tab any game, my PC freeze for a second (only the picture, not the sound). This is happening with all games only if i play them on full screen and Duplicate Display. If the game is on full screen but only on my main monitor there is no freezing. There is no freezing also if i use Duplicate Displays and Borderless window in game. I tried to reinstall the drivers with DDU, System Restore, Disc Cleanup and games installed on HDD or SSD without a result. I tried also to disable/enable in-game overlay in Nvidia and with or without GPU overclock. It seems that the Duplicate Displays cause the problem but i don't know how to fix this. I will be very grateful if someone can help me :)
Some info: Windows 10, GTX 970, I5-8600K, 16Gb ram. Main monitor is 144Hz and second 60Hz
it's probably do to the fact you are using to different resolution displays to it is rendering to that fact and as you are switching back and forth it is altering to a accepted resolution by both monitors for the game then back to it's dedicated res for the monitors themslefs as you go back and forth between the two.

Solution

shado_BG

Reputable
Oct 21, 2019
it's probably do to the fact you are using to different resolution displays to it is rendering to that fact and as you are switching back and forth it is altering to a accepted resolution by both monitors for the game then back to it's dedicated res for the monitors themslefs as you go back and forth between the two.
Both my monitors are 1920x1080. My main monitor is 144Hz and second 60Hz but even if i set both to 60Hz and then duplicate them, the freeze don't go away.

Both my monitors are 1920x1080. My main monitor is 144Hz and second 60Hz but even if i set both to 60Hz and then duplicate them, the freeze don't go away.
yeah this is normal my system does the same thing, whether i turn on a third display or using two for displays for eyefinity gaming on the two then close the game it will take both my displays to set to normal res games don't always allow for certain res's so they the games maybe using a abated display for rendering.