Question Freeze and autorestart

Aug 9, 2019
Hey there,

I've built this computer less than one month ago and I experienced freeze and autorestart twice already. No restart and freeze ever happened while Playing or Streaming or both at same time.

My computer has the following specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-plus (Wi-fi)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Crucial MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Toshiba P300 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500M Midi-Tower
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

The first time it was after a windows update: the computer was like configuring some extra windows option when it started freezing (it didn't freeze straight away, but it was something gradual). My mouse was like frozen>moving>frozen>moving etc. When I tried open the task manager or something like that, it froze completely and my screen was stuck in the task manager's blue blackground (without any icons) and my mouse completely frozen. Then I forced shut down through the button.

Today it happened a second time. I was (and I am) downloading a heavy load on steam and watching some Twitch streams. I noticed that everything was somehow working but with little freezes some now and then. I was kind of just watching the stream and not interacting. When I decided to interactm everything started freezing more (at that time I had Steam downloading, chrome on Twitch and Streamlabs open). I tried opening HW Monitor and it didn't so I tried opening the Task manager soon after. The screen froze in the backgroud, my mouse still moved for a short time and then everything froze. Some seconds after the computer froze compeltely and restarted itself.

Last edited: