Freeze issue on pc

iMikejr

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
ive tried everything, still cant get it to work. at first i thought it was a software issue, until i downloaded w10, w7 and linux... still same problem on all os. then i thought it could be the gpu, so i bought a new one. still same problem after that.
ive also updated BIOS and tried to take one ram out of the slot and test it in all 4 slots, then take the other ram and do the same. freezez on all slots.
Can it be the Motherboard or the PSU?

System Specs:

Amd 8350
GTX 960 4gb
Hyper x 8gb ram
600w PSU
570gb SSD
AMD FX (tm) -8359 8-core
Asus Motherboard

[Two posts merged in to one - - Moderator]

When you say the system freezes on you Imikejr.

An it still happens no matter what Os you have installed on the system.

The two cause for this.
Are, or can be the settings for your FX 8350 cpu setup in the bios settings of the motherboard.
It is important that you mention if the FX 8350 cpu is overclocked in any way, or it is left at its stock working frequency of 4Ghz clock speed.

Ok so well go through a few checks now to make sure the Cpu is set right in the bios of the motherboard.
Please make sure that if the motherboard you have is Uefi capable, that you have the advanced bios mode settings selected to find the options, settings I list for you to look at, and possibly need to change.

Your cpu multiplier value for stock setting and cpu frequency should be set at X 20 with a 200Mhz FSB speed set in your bios.

The core voltage of the cpu should be around 1.3v to about 1.36v by default.
If you can manually set the core voltage of the cpu to 1.36v via the bios options.

That should be enough voltage to keep the FX 8350 cpu stable when at idle at windows desktop or when load is applied to the cpu.

Make sure that the North Bridge frequency is set to 2400Mhz.
And that the HT value setting is also set to 2400Mhz.

Next for you memory if it says it is , XMP type memory.
That any Xmp mode found in the bios is enabled.
You may also see an option for the type of memory used Ecc server type memory, or standard un buffered memory type.
If your memory stick quotes on the sticker found on it Ecc.

Then the option or setting in the bios must be set to enabled.
For all other types of memory the option must always be set to disabled.
As the wrong selected mode, can cause the system to halt or freeze on you.

Check the memory stick for the speed it runs at, the the value quoted is often the Xmp rated speed of the memory.
And what voltage the ram says it must be set to in the bios.
And also write down the Latency or timing values of the memory.

Check all of the settings are set correctly in the bios when it did auto detection of the ram module.
Or manually change the timing settings ect if found to be set wrong in the bios.

Now as a test.
Doing things, and setting values up manually.
Increase the voltage of the ram module or modules fitted to the motherboard, in the bios settings.
Increasing the voltage fed to them by a 0.250, or 0.500Mv Millivolt power change.

What ever the memory quotes as it`s top speed manually set the speed the memory runs at in the bios settings via the speed selection table provided by the next lowest value delectable in the list.

Save the changes before you exit the bios after making all of the changes above.
Let windows load.
And make sure you have a cpu tempreture monitor program keeping an eye on your cpu temps from idle at windows desktop to running a program or playing a game.

Set a stop watch or something to measure just in case the amount of time it takes the system to freeze during a windows session.
Repeat the process if needed.

I think, you may find the system will be stable and not freeze.
But if it does iMikejr.

You should run a memory test on each ram or memory stick on it`s own to see if there is a faulty one and rule it out.

iMikejr

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

Thank you :) i will try those changes and see if it works :) the GPU is not overclocking.