Freezing after building pc

taylorhd

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
So just built a new pc, I know how to build computers btw.. this isn't my first rodeo. So I get everything done, I install windows and I get to installing drivers and the pc freezes. So I try again and again and it keeps freezing no matter one. Now its just black screening after windows logo. I reinstalled windows 1 other time, but told my self to wait till tomorrow to continue working on it.

Build:
CX Series CX600M 600 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply
GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 mATX Intel Motherboard
Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600
Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz LGA 1150 Boxed Processor
GeForce GTX 960 Overclocked 2GB GDDR5
WD Black 1TB

Windows 8 installed

taylorhd

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

thats honestly my next step, I was thinking maybe its some type bios issue, tomorrow I will check the versions and see if I need to update.

Scott Leess

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
im getting the same issues pc will run fine
if i leave it on idle for say 20- 30 minuets or it turned the screen off ( sleep mode) it wont unfreeze or turn the monitor back on

its a brand new build i fixed one problem buy changing my bios settings and flashing my bios to latest version

i cant think what elce it would be

can any on help?

taylorhd

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

My issue ended up being a hardware issue. The cheap wireless card I picked up was messing with everything. Took that thing out and everything was good :)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Any reason to choose these together? Maybe switch since it's still new?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Maybe before installing display/gpu drivers when newly installed windows set the resolution right,only after that install the gpu drivers.