Question Freezing, Crashing, BSOD, The whole 9 yards. Finally isolated the problem to music/sound (high bass notes?) and can reproduce indefinitely

dwd999

Honorable
Hello and thanks for clicking my thread. I do apologize if this is the wrong place. Why you've decided to help a random stranger on the internet, I will never know but my appreciation is reaching critical levels here. I just want to say thank you for stopping by and sharing your time with me.

System: Core-i7 5960x @ 3.0 | 32 GB ddr4 | GTX TITAN X Hybrid | ASUS x99-deluxe MOBO | Logitech z906 5.1

Problem: Sounddddddddddd drivers? I don't recall changing anything recently but the problem has made my PC unusable with any kind of bass-heavy song/video/noise. If the level of bass hits too high the computer will freeze/stutter (BRRRRRRRR) sometimes giving me a BSOD, sometimes just remaining frozen/blaring sound until i reset/turn off pc. This is unrecoverable. I've tried reinstalling windows/downloading a fresh copy to replace drivers, but I am thinking I might have a motherboard issue? My patience for this has completely ran dry. I am just unable to effectively troubleshoot this issue anymore as I am overwhelmed with frustration. I've played with settings, reinstalled/uninstalled drivers, Realtek HD Audio etc/ The problem still remains and I can't seem to figure out any kind of solution.

I've had this problem before and it went away somehow (maybe not completely but became infrequent enough I thought it was just a random BSOD/freeze) but I started getting errors again recently. However I was leaving for vacation and figured I'd deal with it when I got back. When I got back I basically said screw everything and I'll just format and start fresh. Well that didn't work at all. I pout a song on (windows media player) and the second I turned the volume up to a certain level it froze. Does this sound like a power issue? I've tried plugging the speakers into different outlets and the problem persists.

I can listen to anything indefinitely if the volume is low enough, it is only when I turn it up that it freezes. I have had this speaker set for years, maybe something inside finally decided to kick the bucket? I am not sure how I would test something like that.

Here are some of the recent BSOD errors I have received:
KERNEL_SECURITY)CHECK_FAILURE
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
What failed: vsdatant.sys

When I got the "memory management" one I did a couple MEMTEST's and everything came back fine.

Hopefully this is enough info that maybe someone else can see something that I am clearly missing. Would like to just kick back and listen to music again or watch movies without worrying about it crashing/freezing. My mood and morale are at an all time low. If I can provide any more information I would be glad too, just trying to get the ball rolling here.

TL;DR Too much bass/Sound too high causes an instant Freeze, sometimes BSOD & I have to restart. Happens 100% of the time
Tell us about these speakers and their location in relation to the computer case. Could this be caused by vibrations affecting some component inside your computer's case?

ASK THE COMMUNITY