Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Basic Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Storage: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
GPU: GTX 660 Ti

Hi,
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but any time I restart my computer, or start it after being shut down, I am guaranteed to get a freeze right after the bios screen. I can manually restart by using the reset button on the case and it will startup just fine from then on until the next time the system is shutdown/restarted. Same process again.

Here is a pic of the screen when it freezes (The screen isn't blue, that's just my phone's camera being weird):
QwdezYH.jpg

Right before this screen is the standard ASUS splash screen. I can't enter the bios during that screen though, or during the frozen screen. After resetting I can enter the bios if I want during the splash screen.

This hasn't been a major problem other than an annoyance. I'm worried that updates that require a system restart might be negatively effected if I have to reset during the reboot like I've been doing. I also can't run things such as the Auto Tuner to OC my CPU (did it manually instead).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

"I also can't run things such as the Auto Tuner to OC my CPU (did it manually instead)."

If you've OCed your CPU try setting it back to stock values just to see if that solves the problem, OCing can cause the weirdest problems like the one you have, usually having freezes during Boot leads to several crashes while in Windows, but not in your case, a weird problem indeed.

DaGoalie

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

Well the problem has been around for a little over a month at least and I only recently OCed (about 4 days ago.)
I'll revert to defaults here and see what happens.

DaGoalie

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

The firmware is CC49 found using DiskCheckup.

I also reverted to default in my bios. When I restarted it froze again, but about a half a second sooner so the screen looked like the normal ASUS startup screen, like this:
RoWeBnil.png

And if you reset the BIOS settings/ reconfigure it.

And if you update the fw on the hdd, put the hdd back as the bootdisk. And disable the logo, so you can see what its saying.

Having it on something else (besides the hdd as the bootdisk) can add another 20-30 secs to the boot time

boyebaran

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
hi.my friend u can check ur hdd by another pc and u can check ur hdd for new firmware UPDATE
in this page " https://apps1.seagate.com/downloads/request.html"
i think u first Separate ur hdd from pc and check for freezes in bios