Freezing pc when gaming. 100% ram when using only ~50%

Feb 10, 2019
Hi! I have a problem. For some reason my PC starts to lag immensely and then freezes, forcing me to restart or wait till it restarts itself. I looked into it, and its not my temps, they are very good and should not cause any problem. However, today i noticed that when it starts to lag my ram usage goes up to 100% even though there is no program that uses it. It seams to me that there is some kind of process in the background using it all. My ram sticks seam to work the way they should, but somehow my pc manages to use up 16GB of ram when through task manager i am only using about 7 or 8.

Specs:
cpu - Amd Ryzen 5 1600 (very mildly overclocked)
mobo - Asus strix b350-f
ram - corsair vengeance lpx black ddr4 3000mhz 2x8gb (running at about 2300MHz)
gpu - MSI GTX 1080

If anyone knows a likley cause or if you have some way of finding the cause i would greatly appreciate the answer.

Thanks

Feb 10, 2019

Hi! Thanks for the answer. I have checked task manager and had it open while it freezes. The problem is it does not show any program using all the ram. It just shows my game which is using about 2-3GB. I am trying to get it to freeze up while using the resource manager instead, hoping it will show up there. But i have yet to see it happen there.