Question Freezing problem with new RTX 3070 ?

Aug 6, 2022
Hello!
If anyone can help with the following problem:
I recently replaced my old video card (gtx 970) with a 3070 and since then the computer freezes by default when I use the browser. It doesn't do it when I load a game. When it freezes the rgb on the video card also freezes (stops changing colors and tv show no signal) and the system has to be restarted .

I have tried to solve the problem in the following ways:

• Remove the old drivers with DDU and install the latest available as well as an old one
  • Power supply change
  • Check with another ram memory
  • bios flash
  • firmware flash
  • another browser
  • clear windows instalation
  • Stop hardware accelerated

All temperatures is fine

Aug 6, 2022
motherbord - asrock b450hdv r4.0
cpu - ryzen 5 5600x
gpu - palit jetstream rtx 3070
ram - xpg 2x8 3200mhz
psu - seasonic focus 750w 80+gold
nvme - kingston nv1 1tb
ssd - team group ex2 512gb

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Hello!
If anyone can help with the following problem:
I recently replaced my old video card (gtx 970) with a 3070 and since then the computer freezes by default when I use the browser. It doesn't do it when I load a game. When it freezes the rgb on the video card also freezes (stops changing colors and tv show no signal) and the system has to be restarted .

I have tried to solve the problem in the following ways:

• Remove the old drivers with DDU and install the latest available as well as an old one
  • Power supply change
  • Check with another ram memory
  • bios flash
  • firmware flash
  • another browser
  • clear windows instalation
  • Stop hardware accelerated
All temperatures is fine
Can you solve the problem? Or is your computer still freezing?

Nov 18, 2022
It sounds like a software problem more than hardware related. I think that on a fresh windows install it should work fine.

When it crashes you can see why on the windows event viewer

I’d contact the gpu manufacturer, it seems like you may have a faulty gpu and it may need to be returned under warranty. It is strange that you only have the problem with browsers, but the fresh install of Windows, drivers and VBIOS seems to rule out software and the fact you only have the problem on the gpu and not the old one does make me think faulty gpu. Do you still have the 970 to try?