Freezing randomly in Fortnite on LOW, PLEASE HELP!

1st here are my system specs

CPU- AMD A8 5600k (clocked to a constant 3.9)
GPU- GTX 750 1gb
MOBO- Biostar A55ML2
RAM- 6gb DDR3 1333 (2 different sticks, 1 2gb, 1 4gb, and they both have different timings in BIOS)
WIN- Windows 10 Home 64bit

SO, when I use the auto-detect graphic settings in Fortnite, what I SHOULD be able to play at, it sets it all to high, and thats unplayable with constant FPS drops and lots of freezing. (makes sense)

I have to drop all the graphics to low but I still get freezing.

IF the auto-detect game settings says I can play on high, why cant I?????? And why doesnt lowering everything to low stop the freezing? Is there any fix for this or could it be because of my 2 mismatched ram sticks? Cpu issue? Please help, temps are all fine under load and it freezes/skips soon as I join a game before temps even have a chance to rise any...

Even when all settings low, 720p with 30fps cap, it still freezes, and I know for a fact I can play at higher settings. So since the freezing occurs no matter what I set the settings to Im currently at all low except draw distance at medium and 1080p with 60 fps cap and usually I get a steady 60fps and then it just freezes for 5 seconds randomly...... again this happens even when everything is as low as it can go at 720p 30fps just the same as it does when the resolution is 1080p 60fps. PLEASE HELP!

toshibitsu

Distinguished
When the game is running, open up 'Task Manager' and monitor your CPU/GPU/MEM/HD usage. Check for any values with high usage. Examine to see what other apps could possibly be consuming a lot and 'end task/disable' them(as long as it's not a Windows process).

If it's just the game itself that's constantly hitting a high usage on any of those(and you already set it to low), that's a sign then that you most likely need to upgrade your PC.

If you do decide to upgrade your PC, do not get an RGB motherboard - the game will not run with RGB enabled.

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE!

Ive done that about 40 times lol. Using Task Manager and also AMD Overdrive to inspect CPU usage and temps.

The CPU usuage never goes above 70% also never goes below 25 degree C thermal margin (temps using AMD OD), the memory maxes at 76% usage with everything running including windows/windows processes, and the Harddrive never goes above 50% usage. Also GPU usage looks just like it should at 95-100% utilization.

Ive also closed out everything not in use and even enable the Windows 10 gamemode to even kill further background processes. (yes Ive disabled it, no differance still get random freezing). All my drivers are up to date as well.

My thing is, the auto game settings put me to HIGH settings, Also Im above the minimum specs but below the recommended so I should at least be able to play on LOW without any freezing.

Also as I said this happens wether at high or low settings and resolution even with a 30fps cap.

I know its older but, I can play BO2 with maxed out settings 90 fps with the highest AA you can do without ANY frame drops or skipping (other than occasional rubberbanding because of my crap wifi)

You can try forcing fullscreen if you are in a windowed or borderless window mode.

1. Go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\FortniteGame\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
2. Open GameUserSettings.ini
3. Go to the section called [/Script/FortniteGame.FortGameUserSettings].
4. Add the line FullScreenMode=0 to this section.
5. Save and close the file.

I play in fullscreen mode and have tried switching through all the modes with no differance.

Did you guys see that my ram is 2 different sticks? Same speeds but different timings in BIOS. Could this affect the game? All my other games play fine, although a bit older, but still maxed graphics on them.

Hi,
Your overclock could be unstable. Did you try lowering the overclock a bit?
Sometime an overclock is fine for one game but not the other.
I say this especially since you have different ram sticks witch cause issues.

What temps are the cpu / gpu, something might be overheating.
Also your cpu is below the requirements of the game.

you can go here and run the program to check what is good or not to be able to play the game

Here are the Fortnite system requirements (minimum)

CPU: Core i3 2.4 Ghz
CPU SPEED: Info
RAM: 4 GB
VIDEO CARD: Intel HD 4000

Fortnite Recommended Requirements

CPU: Core i5 2.8 Ghz
CPU SPEED: Info
RAM: 8 GB
VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU

Had to ask Jason, since I believe the default is Borderless Windowed Fullscreen, not actual Fullscreen.

My apologies, didn't notice the 2 different sticks. Unsure what the effect of running such mismatched sticks in single-channel node will do for this specific program. I believe your processor does support dual channel mode for memory access, but not with mismatched sticks. For some programs there is little difference, for others there is much more difference in single vs dual channel.

Memory access is also much slower even in dual channel compared to say an i7 2600K.

well I found out the sticks actually arent mismatched, they are both CL 9 or, 9 9 9 24, just different sizes. In CPUZ it says its running dual channel with 667.3 mhz DRAM meaning 1333mhz speed.

Sorry about the confusion.

Any other idea what I could do or any other idea what could be making me skip around all the time when Im over the minimum specs for the game?

Hey thanks for the response!

I found out that my ram actually isnt mismatched. I thought it was but both sticks are CL 9, just different sizes. CPUz says its running dual channel with 667.3 DRAM meaning its dual channel 1333mhz sorry about the confusion.

And this problem was happening before the OC and thats the reason I OC'd. However its not an "actual OC" as the CPU "apu" has a core clock of 3.6 but has a BOOST of 3.9 so its already out of the box ready to handle 3.9 so I just put the slider to a constant 3.9, and without doing this I get even more freezes, frame drops.

I had my cpu OC'd to 4.1 but I cant get enough voltage (I think my MOBO bottle necks it) to make it stable at 4.1 as I cant go over 1.475v because the INSTANT I do the clocks drop to below the core clock of the cpu (down to 3.2mhz).

With that Overclock the game ran PERFECTLY and I was able to UP the graphics with no performance hit.

So basically my CPU probably just isnt strong enough to run it smooth? I mean the AUTO SETTINGS in game put all my graphics to high. So if the game reads my hardware n gives me the optimal settings for my hardware, being high, why cant I play at high?

How far under the recommended CPU range is my CPU?

Also all my temps are fine while in game. I even had to lower the graphics so much that only 60-70% of my GPU is being utilized as far as I see in task manage when alt-tabbing while in game. Maybe this is a CPU bottleneck?