Freezing system (same problem, different user)

orcus332

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Hi all,
This is my first post here!
Anyway, Like "Cyleo" I too am having issues with my computer freezing (nothing on screen moves, sound locks up, keyboard/mouse don't work, have to hard reset). The only real pattern I've noticed is that it happens more frequently when playing "world in conflict" (pretty video intense game). However, this has happened when just web-browsing. My memory passes Memtest and i've ran prime95 w/o problems. I've even tried combinations of memory (2 in, 2 out) to see if the problem would go away. I've switched out the graphics card, but still freezes. My "event viewer" gives me the error message ID 15016 "Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number" EVERY SINGLE TIME my computer crashes.

I noticed in Cyleo's post you mentioned to change the ram voltage. This is my first build so I need basic instructions on how to o this kind of stuff. The defualt settings are NOT what Corsair says, so I changed everything to 2.1V 4-4-4-12. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I bumped the voltage up +0.3 and it's right around 2.07..... something or other (not exactly 2.1).

I downloaded the latest graphics and sound card drivers just today, but still freezing. I really don't know where to go from here! Are there any programs out there that will help me diagnose the problem when it freezes? I don't think I can use the debugger since I dont get the BSOD. Is that correct?

Specs:
mobo- gigabyte ga-ep35-ds3l
process- E8400 core 2 duo
memory- Corsair, 4 2gb sticks of xms2 6400
graphics- MSI HD4850
hdd-seagate barracuda 7200rpm SATA
lite-on SATA dvd burner
PSU- Enermax liberty 500W
Vista home premium 64

orcus332

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
I did a search on kerberos, but i'm not really sure what the answer is supposed to be. I've done searches for that error message, but according to microsoft it error code can safely be ignored.....doubtful. If you could be more specific as to what to do about the kerberos that would be helpful. Thanks

orcus332

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Anyone have any ideas??? The hanging is still happening, at least twice a day now :( I still don't know what the comment about the kerberos is. Anyone have some sort of software troubleshooting ideas? Is there some diagnostic program that will monitor my computer when it hangs and give me a report back?