Question Freezing when attacking or being attacked on several different games.

Bobakanoosh

Reputable
Jul 20, 2016
Over the past few months I've noticed that my game will freeze (usually for 0.5 to 2 seconds) when I'm hitting or being hit by another player. I should note that this doesn't happen EVERY time I shoot someone, but it's frequent enough to be impactful. The first game it appeared in was Fortnite, so I thought it was something wrong with the game, or perhaps unreal engine. Eventually I started playing some other games like Dead By Daylight and Rust, where the same thing would happen.

Here is a video of it happening. This freeze was much longer than usual.

My idea of it being one game was proven wrong, and so was the engine-based problem, because Rust was made in Unity. So, that pretty much just leaves my hardware, which is as follows:
  • GPU: GTX 1070 FE
  • CPU: i7-6700k
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MOBO: GA-170X-UD3
  • SSD: PNY 240GB
  • HDD: WD 1TB + 3TB
Things I've done/know:
  • Not engine/game specific
  • Not a framerate issue
  • Drivers are up to date
  • Cleaned out PC
  • Temps are fine
I mostly want to know if anyone has had this issue and has managed to solve it, or what might be causing these issues.

Bobakanoosh

Reputable
Jul 20, 2016
Could - if ping is iffy to begin with, all the traffic going back and forth on movement, hits, trajectory, etc might. It's a long shot but ought to look at everything.
Hey, sorry it's been a while. I finally got around to having task manager open while playing, and I got this:
N4rZuO6.png

Seems disk may be the issue?

C: is my SSD. I actually just moved Rust from my D: (HDD) to my C:.