[SOLVED] Freezing When Loading Websites

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015
I disassembled my pc a couple weeks ago and and rebuilt it for cleaning. I experienced no issues as usual, except for this weird issue I've recently started getting:

Before my computer cleaning, I could open and load websites/pages almost instantly with no delay. However, sometimes when I load a site everything shows up (like images, text, etc) but my entire computer is frozen for a few seconds, then everything goes black except my taskbar for a second or two, then the site works fine. If I were to guess, I would say that this is a graphics card problem, but I've tried updating drivers, testing monitors, cords, etc. and nothing has worked.

Update: When I have a video playing on one monitor, and I try to open a page on another monitor, I get the usual problem, but when the page loads after freezing, the square frame of the video is a dark green? I've never seen something like this.

Any and all help is appreciated!

**Specs**
x2 - MSI AMD Radeon R9 270X Gaming 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards
x1 - MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970
x1 - Corsair AX1200i PSU
x1 - Noctua NH-D14 6 Dual Heatpipe Dual Fan Heatsink
x4 - Kingston HyperX FURY 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM RAM
x1 - A cheap Toshiba Hard Drive (1tb)
x6 - Fans of various brands and sizes

Solution
At this point, I would update the motherboard chipset driver, LAN driver, and BIOS. Then reevaluate the system. After that if the freezing continues, then do a fresh install of the operating system (including formatting the drive. Driver will need to be updated afterwards.

Back up your data on the system drive, ten unplug the SATA data from all other drives (leave the optical drive if you are installing from a disc). You can plug them back in after the install.

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015

Do you mean a total of 16gb or 16gb per ram stick? I have 4 4gb sticks.

I meant 16 GB of RAM total. Older DDR3 motherboards could get by with as little as 4GB, but even for those 16 GB is preferred. Current DDR4 system rally require 8 GB of RAM as a minimum, and 16GB is till preferred.

Populating just two dimm slots is preferred for better cooling.

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015

Anyway, I've tried updating all the drivers and running the hard disk test - which said there wasn't any issues. I'm still getting the issue :/

At this point, I would update the motherboard chipset driver, LAN driver, and BIOS. Then reevaluate the system. After that if the freezing continues, then do a fresh install of the operating system (including formatting the drive. Driver will need to be updated afterwards.

Back up your data on the system drive, ten unplug the SATA data from all other drives (leave the optical drive if you are installing from a disc). You can plug them back in after the install.

Solution