[SOLVED] Frequent BSOD from alt-tabbing into/out of games and launching games

Feb 13, 2021
Hello everybody,

I apologize in advance for my quality of English I am French.

So here is my problem, for about two months I have had quite frequent BSOD problems with my PC. These only occur at the launch of a video game such as Monster Hunter or League of Legends. BSODs only occur when I alt-tab at the start of the game as well as during game loading for Monster Hunter for example.
Always the same BSOD error "Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error" with, in question, the files "watchdog.sys" and "dxgmms2.sys"

I have tried to isolate the problem to no avail. I overwhelmed tried to download new and old Nvidia drivers but nothing. I then removed the standby from my external hard drive but nothing. I then put the game in windowed mode but the bug always intervened, less frequently. A full reinstallation of Windows didn't work either.

Today I wonder if it would not be simply because my external hard drive too long when loading the games.
I thus have some minidump files which were created. I don't know how to send them to you being new here.

Regarding my configuration, I am on a Dell G3 3779 Laptop PC equipped with a GTX 1060 Max-Q as well as 16 GB of RAM and an i5 8300h processor. I also have an MSI MAG272C external display and a reconditioned WD My Book external hard drive.

Do you have any idea where the problem might come from, thanks in advance, RashDaven.

Solution
dxgmms2.sys
tried to download new and old Nvidia drivers but nothing.
you were on right track with gpu drivers.
dxgmms2,sys = Direct X. Almost every time i see this its GPU drivers.
Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error
is also an obvious clue.

Try running ddu and run windows update after the restart and let it find drivers for card.

Colif

Win 11 Master
dxgmms2.sys
tried to download new and old Nvidia drivers but nothing.
you were on right track with gpu drivers.
dxgmms2,sys = Direct X. Almost every time i see this its GPU drivers.
Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error
is also an obvious clue.

Try running ddu and run windows update after the restart and let it find drivers for card.

Solution