Question Frequent BSOD ?

Aug 7, 2024
Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC hardware, retaining only the SSD, which I transferred to the new motherboard. I’ve updated all necessary components, including graphics drivers, BIOS, and chipset drivers. Despite these updates, I'm experiencing frequent BSODs and game crashes.

Do you think a clean reinstall of Windows might be necessary? Could remnants of old drivers be causing conflicts with my new setup? For context, I upgraded from a B550F-WiFi II with a 3060 Ti to a B650A with a 4070S.

I'm encountering errors such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, which I understand are often related to software or drivers. I’ve also heard that SignalRGB software can be problematic, though I still get BSODs whether it’s running or not. I’ve ruled out memory issues since my current configuration passed MemTest86.

Any advice on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 7, 2024
" Do you think a clean reinstall of Windows might be necessary? "

Yes I do.

Windows should always be reinstalled after changing the motherboard.
I think I found a partial solution. I changed my PBO2 curve to AMD eco rather than a -15 offset which seemed to have made it more stable. It seems fine so far? Getting a bit confused as i'm not quite sure how to optimize my ram to work with my cpu. They seem to be making each other unstable?!

But then again how does this explain the BSOD errors from earlier?

Aug 7, 2024
Am I to understand you were getting BSODs even before you changed the motherboard?
No, everything was working fine with the B550f-wifi II mobo. I am confused about the BSODs since they seem to be about software/drivers when the real culprit looks to be my ram/cpu this whole time. Unless the issue is both software + hardware.... Sorry, novice here 😅