[SOLVED] Frequent BSODs when rendering 4k videos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RagAK

Commendable
Jun 19, 2021
I've been facing a bunch of BSODs on a new computer when rendering or scrubbing 4k videos in Davinci resolve and After Effects.

Here are some of them:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA
KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

On bluescreenview 'caused by driver' says ntoskrnl.exe

My specs:
i9 10900k, MB: MSI MEG Z490 UNIFY, 64GB RAM(corsair 16x4), MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM, nvme: 1TB,500GB, 3 sata hard drives. Running Windows 10 (latest update)

I'm tried running memory diagnostic tool and after a while of running it, it came back with no errors. All my drivers are up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
The problem you have is the only times you get errors is when you run programs that likely need all 4 sticks worth of ram to run?

I would suggest just running with 2 of the sticks. I can't say they are a set as they aren't. Getting 4 unmatched sticks to work is a gamble. Some times it works, like clearly on your last PC, but others it doesn't.

It can be hard enough getting 2 sticks to work unless bought at the exact same time from same shop. then they should. Same sticks bought at 2 different times can have different memory chips on them, Corsair use Micron & Samsung memory on their sticks.

You would be better off with 64gb of matched sticks. then I wouldn't even look at ram right away.

lol at pressing best answer, i kept seeing...

RagAK

Commendable
Jun 19, 2021
Bios updates help more on new PC and new boards, as they can improve compatibility with memory and perhaps fix features that didn't work before. Only update bios if you have problems, don't just update because there is a new one. I could now as I am a few versions behind but PC is working fine so why?

MSI even try to help

Most of the people I have suggested update have been fine. There are always exceptions but you have to think positive and assume it will be fine, or you never get anything done :)
Yes sir! Thanks again. :) will keep this thread posted :)