Apr 7, 2022
I really need some help with my build, I think that it's probably my 980Ti going bad but I don't know how to tell for sure. I have bluescreenview but don't know what the preferred method of upload is. I started getting intermittent stuttering a week back on things like hardware accelerated video and light to heavy gaming (rocket league and elden ring) sessions alike. I went and underclocked my gpu in msi afterburner but despite the stuttering lessening I am still getting bsod's that are failing at different dlls and system components. I don't know where to look on the internet for how to actually fix or troubleshoot this since 99% of "guides" are simply running sfc /scannow and then just giving up if that doesn't work.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

hardware report (hwinfo64):
https://files.catbox.moe/o4jww2.HTM
(I'm on build 22581.200)

DUMPS:

kernel dump:
https://mega.nz/file/faQlTZpQ#j7Rqd8_RqO67ijeAoc1OwduNU6z62fHi2HOe75Neoig

minis:

latest - https://files.catbox.moe/ixz900.dmp
https://files.catbox.moe/z354me.dmp
https://files.catbox.moe/ahpff3.dmp
https://files.catbox.moe/hah6gz.dmp
https://files.catbox.moe/tmt9x0.dmp
https://files.catbox.moe/9ppy5f.dmp

Last edited:
Solution
download and run autoruns from Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
find the two drivers for silicon labs and disable them and retest.
files are silib.sys and siusbxp.sys
drivers are dated in 2010

these drivers are just too old to be used on a updated machine with a updated bios. Also, there are known bugs in the driver.
on modern machines these drivers can cause your GPU to fail to respond. You would get error logs related to the pci bus in event viewer.

repost any bugcheck you get after these drivers are removed.
===========
remove https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/inpout32/default.htm

this is just too old of a driver 2008

and the overclock...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, welcome to the forums. BSODs are caused by hardware, overclocks, or drivers. It sometimes takes a while with various testing to determine what's going on. I've looked at the dumps and have posted the results here: https://jsfiddle.net/tys43jdf/show You don't have to view those results, they are there for anyone wanting to help.
File information:9ppy5f.dmp (Mar 31 2022 - 13:21:02)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File information:ahpff3.dmp (Apr 7 2022 - 13:53:07)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

File information:hah6gz.dmp (Apr 2 2022 - 14:00:03)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:tmt9x0.dmp (Apr 2 2022 - 13:39:36)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:z354me.dmp (Apr 7 2022 - 13:59:42)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b450-tomahawk

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
(I'm on build 22581.200)
dev build

Not saying its reason but you on the sticky end of windows 11. You could try a different version and see if it works any better?

4 BSOD where it has problems reading symbols for ntoskrnl is not normal . Could just be of the version of windows you are on.
I have seen those BSOD codes in recent months associated with GPU drivers so it could all be the card itself.

as gardenman suggested, try different drivers with the GPU and see if any better.

download and run autoruns from Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

these drivers are just too old to be used on a updated machine with a updated bios. Also, there are known bugs in the driver.
on modern machines these drivers can cause your GPU to fail to respond. You would get error logs related to the pci bus in event viewer.

===========

and the overclock driver also before retesting.

-----------
given the very short timeout period it is likely to be a issue between cpus. ie one cpu trying to install a device while the other is trying to use it. you should look in windows control panel device manager for devices that failed to install.

or change the memory dump type to kernel memory dump and provide memory.dmp file it will show what was running on the other cpu cored.
!pnptriage can be run in the debugger to see if a plug and play device is trying to install over and over.
-----------
you should also make sure you are getting windows updates and run cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
to fix the modifications in your kernel. (assuming you do not have some special version of windows)

Last edited:
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
these are part of Corsair link, and his AIO probably uses them. Not all Corsair AIO use the newer drivers for AIO
Feb 14 2020CorsairLLAccess64.sysCORSAIR iCUE Software driver

I have seen Inpoutx64.sys before, I am not entirely sure what uses it but as the Razor driver is also 2008 and you didn't point it out, age doesn't really mean its wrong :)
Jul 26 2008Razer Synapse Service.sysRazer Synapse driver

these are part of Corsair link, and his AIO probably uses them. Not all Corsair AIO use the newer drivers for AIO
Feb 14 2020CorsairLLAccess64.sysCORSAIR iCUE Software driver

I have seen Inpoutx64.sys before, I am not entirely sure what uses it but as the Razor driver is also 2008 and you didn't point it out, age doesn't really mean its wrong :)
Jul 26 2008Razer Synapse Service.sysRazer Synapse driver
I did not notice the old razer driver. some of the old versions were really bad and do not follow the new rules for current versions of windows. i think the old drivers kept checking status over and over rather than just waiting for a notification of a change. Windows was modified to prevent the excessive polling in response to the old razer driver design.
i do remember seeing a lot of issues with the silabs driver. I do think it was related to early corsair software that was logging millions of usb events each few minutes. (all internal logs, but it would cause the system to really slow down) something like 8 million 1 line log entries in 15 minutes to the internal usb log.
I do not remember the solution . maybe update the software and put the aio usb on its own bus that is controlled by a USB 2.x chip.

I am not sure what I would do with a modern machine that fakes usb 2 and routes everything thru the PCI/e bus. maybe tell the software not to check status so often if that is a option.
(I have an AIO but I don't use any of the software, just motherboard to control it)

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Aug 17 2020RzDev_0203.sysRazer driver
Aug 17 2020RzDev_0c02.sysRazer driver

Mar 30 2021RzCommon.sysRazer Common driver (Razer Inc)
not sure how old their version of Synapse is, they could have old devices as well.

its worth a try but might as well disable all of Corsair or it will just run them after startup :)

i don't know what uses inpoutx64.sys. no reason can't stop it. I used to think it was related to Gigabyte boards but they have MSI. Its an open source driver, so it could be anything.

Apr 7, 2022
Aug 17 2020RzDev_0203.sysRazer driver
Aug 17 2020RzDev_0c02.sysRazer driver

Mar 30 2021RzCommon.sysRazer Common driver (Razer Inc)
not sure how old their version of Synapse is, they could have old devices as well.

its worth a try but might as well disable all of Corsair or it will just run them after startup :)

i don't know what uses inpoutx64.sys. no reason can't stop it. I used to think it was related to Gigabyte boards but they have MSI. Its an open source driver, so it could be anything.
I was using openrgb which could be related. I also do have an old razer blackwidow keyboard that is old enough that it has the super shoddy wobbly keys. I can also confirm that the AIO is using a driver that is older relative to most modern corsair aio's.

Apr 7, 2022

===========

-----------
given the very short timeout period it is likely to be a issue between cpus. ie one cpu trying to install a device while the other is trying to use it. you should look in windows control panel device manager for devices that failed to install.

or change the memory dump type to kernel memory dump and provide memory.dmp file it will show what was running on the other cpu cored.
!pnptriage can be run in the debugger to see if a plug and play device is trying to install over and over.
-----------
you should also make sure you are getting windows updates and run cmd.exe as an admin then run
to fix the modifications in your kernel. (assuming you do not have some special version of windows)

I am running the dism repair command that you recommended right now. As for the pnptriage tool, I am unsure of where this is or how to use it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
As for the pnptriage tool, I am unsure of where this is or how to use it.
its part of the debugger. I think that instruction from John is more along lines of if you set up the Dump files to be Kernel dumps, he will run that command

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Kernel Memory dumps.

this creates a dump in Memory.dmp after a BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Memory.dmp
  3. Copy the dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
note: location of memory dump might be C:/memory dump - I can't remember if its on the root directory.

Apr 7, 2022

===========

-----------

-----------

Dism "completed succesfully", I am also now on the newest dev branch build of win11.

Apr 7, 2022
its part of the debugger. I think that instruction from John is more along lines of if you set up the Dump files to be Kernel dumps, he will run that command

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Kernel Memory dumps.

this creates a dump in Memory.dmp after a BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Memory.dmp
  3. Copy the dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
note: location of memory dump might be C:/memory dump - I can't remember if its on the root directory.

Swapped to kernel dumps. Will play some games and hope for a BSOD soon xd

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apr 7, 2022
Its infected the GPU drivers

Did it remove it?

could get 2nd opinion - https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us

Perhaps should do clean install to make sure its gone, could have caused all the crashes until now.

No, windows defender "removes it" and then after restarting and scanning again it keeps finding it again. Now that I think about it, this showed up I think after disabling and re-enabling fTPM a while back. Could it just be an issue with file signatures, I would assume TPM could play a role in that?

Colif

Win 11 Master
try running hitman pro, it might remove it for good

I don't know if the fTPM is that involved in the operating of system. Its more for saving keys that have to be secure, like the key checked when you logon, defender signatures wouldn't be at that level.

fTPM in a AMD CPU is run on an ARM CPU that is embedded in the AMD CPU and runs completely separate to the AMD cores. Its apart like that for security. It even has its own ram.

It runs in the Platform Security Processor that also runs Secure boot. It boots before the AMD cores can. They can't without it being there.

I know the stutter associated with it is from it interacting with bios in some way, but I don't think it reaches to lvl of windows.

right click desktop
choose show more options
open Nvidia control panel
choose 3d settings
Next to Power management Mode, pick Prefer maximum performance
Apply

I may have suggested that before but a lot of stutter can be caused by just running the default power plan there. It could be latency.

Apr 7, 2022
try running hitman pro, it might remove it for good

I don't know if the fTPM is that involved in the operating of system. Its more for saving keys that have to be secure, like the key checked when you logon, defender signatures wouldn't be at that level.

fTPM in a AMD CPU is run on an ARM CPU that is embedded in the AMD CPU and runs completely separate to the AMD cores. Its apart like that for security. It even has its own ram.

It runs in the Platform Security Processor that also runs Secure boot. It boots before the AMD cores can. They can't without it being there.

I know the stutter associated with it is from it interacting with bios in some way, but I don't think it reaches to lvl of windows.

right click desktop
choose show more options
open Nvidia control panel
choose 3d settings
Next to Power management Mode, pick Prefer maximum performance
Apply

I may have suggested that before but a lot of stutter can be caused by just running the default power plan there. It could be latency.

Ran DDU again in safe mode with all removal options ticked. Then, I removed it again using windows defender and ran hitman twice and it found nothing. Going to do a full rescan with defender and see if it picks anything up again...

Also, does windows auto install the most up to date nvidia drivers now? I was still updating and installing through geforce experience.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds like its gone.

Windows update uses drivers given to it by Hardware makers, if they don't supply newer drivers, Windows update doesn't get them. they mostly get them so that the drivers have signatures approved to work with windows, but some makers just use same sig for multiple driver versions.

I use geforce experience so I am not sure how old the drivers are but you have a 980TI, the chances of the new drivers helping your card are slim, you better off on old ones. I have a 2070 Super, there will come a time I won't bother using newest Nvidia drivers.

Apr 7, 2022
Sounds like its gone.

Windows update uses drivers given to it by Hardware makers, if they don't supply newer drivers, Windows update doesn't get them. they mostly get them so that the drivers have signatures approved to work with windows, but some makers just use same sig for multiple driver versions.

I use geforce experience so I am not sure how old the drivers are but you have a 980TI, the chances of the new drivers helping your card are slim, you better off on old ones. I have a 2070 Super, there will come a time I won't bother using newest Nvidia drivers.

Just had my computer blackscreen and immediately restart tonight with no minidump. Also just had a bluescreen right after. Both of these crashes occurred while playing a 3d intensive game. I will attach the minidump from the BSOD and the kernel dump.

latest minidump:
https://files.catbox.moe/ixz900.dmp

kernel dump:
https://mega.nz/file/faQlTZpQ#j7Rqd8_RqO67ijeAoc1OwduNU6z62fHi2HOe75Neoig

TRENDING THREADS