Discussion Fresh batch of 6800xt cards

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
My computer dealer just got a fresh restock of Sapphire Nitro+ 6800xt cards after like half an year of nothing, fifteen in total and half of them are sold out within a day. And he said more stocks are expected in the coming weeks. My mind went back to a rumour I read that Navi 32 and 33 might not even make it to the market or will be in barebones supply as RDNA3 is effectively rendered a flop(?) with Navi 31 cards failing in price, power, and the marketing lies of AMD and haven't been restocked in this shop since the initial December launch. And AMD has also cancelled the refresh of RDNA3+ to fix the issues of RDNA3 and all efforts are focused on RDNA4. "It will be a monumental effort".. yeah good luck with that AMD. If only the 6800xt had AV1, I would have already bought it. Did anybody else get a fresh batch of these cards?

In between Nvidia's upcoming abominations of 4060s and 4050s, and AMD's current trajectory, the Intel Arcs look more and more attractive with each passing day.

Last edited:

Joseph_138

Distinguished
If you can still get one new in box, I'd grab it. It completely eliminates the risks associated with buying used, and you get a new card warranty. Of course, some companies are sketchier than others when it comes to actually honoring the warranty, but it's still better than nothing. Sapphire is pretty good at RMA claims. I usually go with them whenever I buy a new AMD card, over the others.

If the price is decent get one. You see how nvidia is treating their customers with high prices and reduced amounts of vram and memory bus. A 6800xt should give you a couple of years depending on what resolution you play at. If you have the cash go for it imo. Just got a 6700xt for 1440p and that’s decent so I’m guessing the 6800xt variant will be better.

Last edited:
The RX 6800 XT is a fantastic card and I say that as someone who has owned one for more than a year.

Saying that you want Arc is saying that you want to support Intel. In that case, you don't have an ethical leg to stand on because Intel is, and always has been, far more anti-consumer than AMD has ever dreamed of being.

I agree with you that AMD completely screwed the pooch when it comes to RDNA3. After the amazing RDNA2 launch, I never would've expected the kind of crap that we saw from AMD for RDNA3. That's kind of the point though, isn't it? We DO expect shady crap from Intel and nVidia. Why is that? Because they COMMIT shady crap all the damn time! The second you said that you wanted Arc, you just lost all credibility.

You talk about AMD's marketing lies and yes, they have done that but it's nothing compared to what Intel has done. Intel got caught faking an all-core 5GHz overclock by using a hidden water chiller during a presentation at Computex 2018 FFS! Are you kidding me?

You're not making any sense here so if your local dealer has them for a good price, buy one. Nobody really cares about the rest of what you posted, especially when you point fingers at AMD while giving Intel a pass.

Last edited: