[SOLVED] Fresh build keeps powering on and off

May 13, 2020
HALP!!! I'm a first time builder and I'm in a huge pickle. I researched my build extensively before buying parts and ensured compatibility. After all hardware is installed, my PC is stuck in a constant loop of trying to come on (MB, CPU, GPU all start) then turning off after a split second, and doing the same thing over and over again. There is a video linked below.

I have tried taking everything out and putting it back in (3 times), I've tried running it without the GPU, I've tried taking the CPU and cooler apart and putting it back in. I've checked the RAM, checked for shorts in any cables or for extra standoffs, I've checked all connections multiple times, no luck.

What's even MORE confusing is that my case didn't come with fans, so I had to buy them separately and install them. When these fans are connected via 4 pin Molex, the computer tries to start once, the fans try to spin, and then the whole thing stops-- without being stuck in that on-and-off loop.

I am at a total loss as to what to do, and I feel like there may be two different issues going on; one with the MB, and one with the fans. Some PLEASE HELP ME, I've put so much time, money and effort into this and I've gotten nowhere. Specs are listed below as well as a video of the issue.

MB: MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC LGA1151 M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 CFX Micro ATX
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.0 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 65W
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model X2
HD: (Old Model) Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD Sata 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000DM003)
PS: EVGA 500 W1 100-W1-0500-KR 80+ WHITE 500W
Case: DeepCool MATREXX 55 Case, E-ATX Supported, Motherboard or Button Control of Sync of 12V RGB Devices of 4mm Full Sized Tempered Glass
FANS: Vetroo CF8 3IN1 120mm Case Fans

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/Id07uqx6EFA

Last edited: