Question Fresh build, problems

pikeman666

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Since January I’ve been unable to get the build below to post. I began with the AsRock/7600 combo and first replaced the MB without success. I have a speaker installed and don’t get any beeps. During the initial struggle the whole PC was inspected by a reputable shop. They found no faults with the power or connections to the MB and swapped in another qualified memory stick without success and returned it to me. The red CPU LED lit after switching to the Gigabyte MB, which prompted return of the 7600. I just installed the 7600X, and the CPU LED is still lit.
I’m building my own PCs for a long time and never, ever had defective CPUs. I’m more likely to be hit by lightening than get two in a row! I don’t know what to do next. Any ideas are welcome.

- Gigabyte Qoura Extreme X670e AM5. (ASRock X670e Steel Legend AM5)
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (AMD Ryzen 5 7600)
- GSkill B0BF8FVLSL Trident Z5 RGB series/AMD Expo DDR5 2x16 6000MT/s CL30-30-38-96 1.35v F56000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR 16GBx2 (Expo Certified)
- CrucialP3 PlusPCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 1TB (Boot)
- Seagate Barracuda 4TB SATA (E) not connected
- Plextor SATA DVD R/RW (D) not connected
- Corsair H100x RGB Elite AIO cooler
- Power Color RX6650XT 8GB
- Corsair RM750x PS
- NZXT Phantom ATX case

Lutfij

Titan
I’m building my own PCs for a long time and never, ever had defective CPUs.
Defective CPU's have been around, I've come across 5 in my time building PC's since 2003.

Are your rams populating slots A2 and B2?

Corsair H100x RGB Elite AIO cooler
Have the PC on it's side(if it's built inside a case), try and relieve some pressure off the cooling mount to the point where the cooling block is resting on the CPU's IHS. See if that helps.

pikeman666

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I’m building my own PCs for a long time and never, ever had defective CPUs.
Defective CPU's have been around, I've come across 5 in my time building PC's since 2003.

Are your rams populating slots A2 and B2?

Corsair H100x RGB Elite AIO cooler
Have the PC on it's side(if it's built inside a case), try and relieve some pressure off the cooling mount to the point where the cooling block is resting on the CPU's IHS. See if that helps.
Just a single simm for the first couple of posts . . .
I will back off a bit on the HS. I’m very cautious about the torque level on heatsinks . . .

pikeman666

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What about the power connectors question?
Sorry, I have removed and replaced both a number of times. Im even buying another pair that ought to arrive end of week. I intend to route them across the open case to be sure there isn’t any issue. This case has a very tight fit next to the MB connectors. It didn’t cause issues on the previous MB, but maybe now.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sorry, I have removed and replaced both a number of times. Im even buying another pair that ought to arrive end of week. I intend to route them across the open case to be sure there isn’t any issue. This case has a very tight fit next to the MB connectors. It didn’t cause issues on the previous MB, but maybe now.
The biggest concern (aside from using the proper connectors for the motherboard 8-pin sockets) is that they are fully inserted and locked into place. That includes both the motherboard and PSU ends of the cable. Same goes for the 24-pin cable.

That is what I was asking you to verify.

Reactions: helper800

pikeman666

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What about the power connectors question?

The biggest concern (aside from using the proper connectors for the motherboard 8-pin sockets) is that they are fully inserted and locked into place. That includes both the motherboard and PSU ends of the cable. Same goes for the 24-pin cable.

That is what I was asking you to verify.
I am pretty sure that they are fully inserted. Last time I removed them I needed a pair of small pliers to release them out of the MB connectors. And when I re-inserted them they bottomed out and the clips snapped over the retainer.

pikeman666

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Does removing the 6650XT and using the integrated video (7000-series have them now) make any difference?
I initially tried that. Then I returned that CPU and bought a 7600X, so that’s not an option now.
I replaced the CPU cables with a fresh pair that just arrived. The new ones were physically identical to the originals except for length.
Unfortunately, no post. Red CPU led still lit, no beeps.

pikeman666

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The 7600 has an integrated GPU.
Yes, I noticed that after rounding up the packaging. This morning I changed out the PS to another Corsair of the RM X series that I have as a backup.
No beeps, no POST, just that CPU led glowing red.
This integrated graphics feather is a nice way for folks to get started but Ive always used a discrete GPU.

I just printed a return tag for the CPU. I lost sleep over this las night. I’m dropping it at UPS this afternoon.