Question Fresh Computer Build Lags After Sleeping

Aug 26, 2020
So, this is a hard one considering I have asked reddit and looked through various sites and have been unable to find anything. I recently upgraded my hardware on my computer(MOBO, Processor, and RAM) and in doing so, freshly reformatted my main drive and re-installed windows fresh. Now, whenever I put the computer to sleep(or it goes to sleep by itself), it wakes up fast but freezes on and off continuously and is unbelievably slow. The only way to fix this is to completely restart the computer. I have read about it being a problem with a fan controller, I checked and I dont have that service. I tried turning on/off hibernate/etc and none of that worked. I tried clean booting and, before even troubleshooting for programs, put the computer to sleep to see if it would wake up fine on a clean boot but it still woke up laggy. This makes me think it is either a windows setting or just a bad install of Windows, although I doubt its a bad install as it works perfectly as intended in every other way.

Specs:
Processor: I7 - 10400
MOBO: MSI Z-490 A PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 DDR4
GPU: MSI 960
PSU: EVGA 700W

So, this is a hard one considering I have asked reddit and looked through various sites and have been unable to find anything. I recently upgraded my hardware on my computer(MOBO, Processor, and RAM) and in doing so, freshly reformatted my main drive and re-installed windows fresh. Now, whenever I put the computer to sleep(or it goes to sleep by itself), it wakes up fast but freezes on and off continuously and is unbelievably slow. The only way to fix this is to completely restart the computer. I have read about it being a problem with a fan controller, I checked and I dont have that service. I tried turning on/off hibernate/etc and none of that worked. I tried clean booting and, before even troubleshooting for programs, put the computer to sleep to see if it would wake up fine on a clean boot but it still woke up laggy. This makes me think it is either a windows setting or just a bad install of Windows, although I doubt its a bad install as it works perfectly as intended in every other way.

Specs:
Processor: I7 - 10400
MOBO: MSI Z-490 A PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 DDR4
GPU: MSI 960
PSU: EVGA 700W
How about turn off "Turn on fast startup " on power plan settings ?

Aug 26, 2020
Make sure the windows in normal startup ?
Press Win + R, type "msconfig", on startup selection, make sure they are set as "normal startup".
If they already set as normal startup, I assume there is some driver issue.
Maybe see if there is a bios update for your motherboard

Yeah, I am already in normal startup. Actually, interesting story when building the PC. When I was downloading one of the MOBO drivers, the computer restarted and none of the connections in the back worked. The computer would boot but with no image(VGA), no usb's working. It was just a black screen and I couldn't click or or do anything related. I thought the whole computer was hosed until I tried taking out the CMOS battery which did the trick and the MOBO finally started as expected. I'm kind of afraid to sift through drivers again after that as, if it happens again, I may just lose the whole computer. Would you guys just suggest taking the risk and reinstalling that driver? @Flayed @Gerald6049

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z490-A-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64
I believe it was the PIDE/SATA. Could have been VGA, but im 90% sure it was the PIDE/SATA driver on this site. Also, I just updated my BIOS, i will see if anything has changed.
Are you using raid configuration ? you can ignore this driver if you're not using raid configuration.

Try disable them (if they already installed before), by run Win + R, type "services.msc" , then find intel rapid storage , properties.

img_59892b8c95921.jpg

Aug 26, 2020
Are you using raid configuration ? you can ignore this driver if you're not using raid configuration.

Try disable them (if they already installed before), by run Win + R, type "services.msc" , then find intel rapid storage , properties.

img_59892b8c95921.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have that service. I mean, it definitely has to be related to some sort of driver installed but just completely unsure on how id check each/if that could be harmful. Heres a list of my services for intel

dZWuTtX.png