[SOLVED] Fresh install of windows 10 on an M.2 NVME drive with files on?

Feb 12, 2020
hey there im very new to these forums.

basically i would like to do a fresh install of windows 10 from my 500gb SSD to a 1tb M.2 NVME drive.

the NVME drive has files already on it like a few games nothing really important, can i install windows onto that drive without losing the data?

if so whats the best way to do that.

thank you

Solution
Windows will format the drive before installing, so yes you will lose everything on it.

Anything that cannot be reinstalled like personal files, etc can be manually copied to the 500GB or any other available drive for temporary storage or backed up using software like Acronis True Image. Then could be easily moved back to the M.2 drive after the OS install is completed.

Or you could create a new partition on the M.2 drive and move your files to that 2nd partition. Then install your OS in the other partition.
Easus Partition Manager/Master is a good software for this. You should also be able to search the web for ways to do it inside of Windows Disk Manager if you are inexperienced managing disks.
Windows will format the drive before installing, so yes you will lose everything on it.

Anything that cannot be reinstalled like personal files, etc can be manually copied to the 500GB or any other available drive for temporary storage or backed up using software like Acronis True Image. Then could be easily moved back to the M.2 drive after the OS install is completed.

Or you could create a new partition on the M.2 drive and move your files to that 2nd partition. Then install your OS in the other partition.
Easus Partition Manager/Master is a good software for this. You should also be able to search the web for ways to do it inside of Windows Disk Manager if you are inexperienced managing disks.

Solution