Question Fresh Windows 10 pro install

Sep 12, 2020
Greetings,

I am having issues installing Windows 10 Pro on my PC. But it continues to stall at 67% copying files and the error 0x80070017.

I have tried on separate Hard drives, and using 2 different DVD drives, one internal other external. Seems absolutely bizarre that it always fails at 67%.

I am using Windows 10 Pro disk purchased from Ebay, 2 disks as I messaged the seller and they sent out a second disk. Is it moat probable that the disks are the issue ?

Motherboard - GA-880GM-UD2H
CPU Phenom II x4 965
8GB Fury Hyperx DDR3

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
"I am using Windows 10 Pro disk purchased from Ebay "
"it always fails at 67% "

That may be your problem.

Create your own WIn 10 USB or DVD

Sep 12, 2020
I do not have a working PC, I have a friend who put bookable windows 10 onto a USB. But my PC give the message, Missing operating system.

I have contacted the seller regarding the issue, maybe the will send out a 3rd disk. Weird as they have sold 115, maybe I have just been unlucky.

USAFRet

Titan
I do not have a working PC, I have a friend who put bookable windows 10 onto a USB. But my PC give the message, Missing operating system.

I have contacted the seller regarding the issue, maybe the will send out a 3rd disk. Weird as they have sold 115, maybe I have just been unlucky.
Buying these from fleabay is a bad move.
No telling what, exactly is on them.

The install is FREE from Microsoft. The only thing you pay for is the license key. And paying retail (or a teeny bit more), you'd be WELL advised to buy that directly from MS.
Not some schmoe on fleabay.

Seriously.

For what your friend made...either he built it incorrectly, or your system is not wanting to boot form a USB.

Sep 12, 2020
At first I was assuming it was a Hard drive issue, but after using 3 separate drives and 2 different dvd drives too and it failing at 67%..

That I have 2 disks, and issues persists, leads me to believe it could be a scam. I made sure the seller had good feedback (100%) and had sold many copies (115).

Thanks for the assistance, I will goto a friends and download from ms website.