Fresh windows install running slow and freezing

aaron547

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
so i had this issue with my video drivers that forced me to reinstall windows my computer was really fast but after re installing windows my computer is running really slowly it keeps freezing saying windows explorer has stopped working every few seconds

suggestions please?

makit3d

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
I am not sure how many other answers you may get with complex or general information but if this is a relatively recent re-install you might consider doing the install again.

I've been too many computers over the years and when I install Windows and there is a problem early on I scrap it and start over. Sometimes, with earlier versions of Windows, I have had to install two or three times before it installs well.

I hope you get a better answer with acceptable results. If not the simplest is generally the best.

However, if the -same- problem persists then you should look at the hardware as well.

Good luck

aaron547

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

yeah i only installed it today im reinstalling now and i will let you know i know for a fact its not the hardware because it was 10 times faster before i reinstalled

aaron547

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

still really bad im gonna try download the offical one of the microsoft website now and reinstall to see if that could be it