Freshly built PC but no monitor signal please help!

khanvict

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
Hey everyone, I just built a PC and the monitor won't detect the dvi cable i inserted. I tried the HDMI to VGA/DVI cable but still no signal. When i turned it on fans were running no beeping sounds and the number 55 came up. However, when i reinserted the RAM it went to 53. I reinserted the GPU and power wires for the CPU and PSU power and still no luck. I switched monitors and still nothing. I don't have a VGA adapter or converter so i can't hook up VGA to VGA please help.

Solution
pull the gpu and one ram stick see if the mb will go ff ready with onboard video. it may be a bios bug. also check on the mb that the 8 pin power on the edge of the mb is plugged in. also look at your mb book to see what 55 is for a code to see where the mb hanging at post.
pull the gpu and one ram stick see if the mb will go ff ready with onboard video. it may be a bios bug. also check on the mb that the 8 pin power on the edge of the mb is plugged in. also look at your mb book to see what 55 is for a code to see where the mb hanging at post.

Solution

khanvict

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014

Okay found the solution thanks man. It was just that the RAM wasn't installed properly. It's running beutifully thank you so much. It's funny how not reading the manual can lead to failure lol. Thanks so much