Question Fried gpu?

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hello, just now I had my headphones aux cable unplugged. I decided to plug it in but I accidentally unplugged the hdmi cable from my 2060. I tried plugging it in but I kind of struggled to and it rubbed against the gpu backplate and I plugged it in but there was a burning smell coming from the port and there was no display. I quickly shut my pc off and I right now there is no display with a new hdmi cable, and not working peripherals, which usually happens, and I reset my cmos and it works, before I do it, does this mean anything bad or is it my computer protecting itself. The gpu works completely fine and spins, no more burning whatsoever. Thanks

Given the GPU fan has power, its probably not the PSU tripping a protection. What may have happened is you bridged one of pins from one of the display outputs to ground, which could have damaged it.

Try booting with the GPU removed. Do your peripherals light up?

Do you have an igpu?

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Given the GPU fan has power, its probably not the PSU tripping a protection. What may have happened is you bridged one of pins from one of the display outputs to ground, which could have damaged it.

Try booting with the GPU removed. Do your peripherals light up?

Do you have an igpu?
The keyboard and mouse turn on without the gpu :/. So does it just mean that the gpu is useless, because my dad laughed at me and will not pay for warranty. Is there any way to fix it?