Question Friend's Case Fan Setup

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hey guys, asking help for a friend since she's too lazy to make an account here. What do you think of her case fan setup? Is it efficient enough?

Her fans are some cheap 1200rpm ARGB fans from a brand called Starnex.
I think it only costs 10$ for 3 fans, 1 led strip, and the hub + remote

Any thoughts?
I find her RGB fans weird since it's only at one side but rest assured they can all be changed color through the hub and remote
I also find her fan positioning unorthodox but I'd really like to hear from you guys since I'm not really an expert when it comes to PC building hehe

Pic:
https://ibb.co/ScGJhD1

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bottom fan is in a bad position. It's fighting for air with the gpu fan(s) intake, and the fans exhaust is shoved down into the psu shroud, where it's only avenue of escape is by either venting back up through the holes into the gpu body or next to the intake fan. Be better off moving to a high intake position or turning it upside down and blowing air into the gpu fan.

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Bottom fan is in a bad position. It's fighting for air with the gpu fan(s) intake, and the fans exhaust is shoved down into the psu shroud, where it's only avenue of escape is by either venting back up through the holes into the gpu body or next to the intake fan. Be better off moving to a high intake position or turning it upside down and blowing air into the gpu fan.

I was just about to say that's just like my setup, but yeah, top and bottom fans are backwards. They're set up for best LED viewing, not best cooling.

I just found that out myself. Bought LED fans (first time) for my new build, and realised when I put them in properly, out of 4 fans, (left an included one in the rear exhaust) only the front intake showed the LEDs.

Glad I didn't buy expensive fans lol.