[SOLVED] FritzBox RJ11 - RJ45 issue

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
Hello. I have a new Fritzbox 7530. My current router uses an RJ11 crystal from the phone box to the router but the new FritzBoz has an RJ45 connector. Is there a special cable I need to get it up and working?

Solution
You can get a special cable with rj45 on one end and rj11 on the other. What will generally work is you can plug a rj11 plug into the rj45 jacks. Since the 4 center pins align it will work but it will be slightly loose so you don't want to be moving the cable around.

Note this only works for DSL like you have. Other people ask this when the WAN port on their router is ethernet. That will not work. it works for you because it is a dsl wan port
You can get a special cable with rj45 on one end and rj11 on the other. What will generally work is you can plug a rj11 plug into the rj45 jacks. Since the 4 center pins align it will work but it will be slightly loose so you don't want to be moving the cable around.

Note this only works for DSL like you have. Other people ask this when the WAN port on their router is ethernet. That will not work. it works for you because it is a dsl wan port

Solution

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018

Thanks billoo1g that's exactly what i was looking for. I have rj11 an rj45 crystals and some cable, I don't suppose you would have a diagram for this cable? ;)

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
Bill001g thanks so much for your help, I genuinely do appreciate it. Based on what you told me I found a diagram of the cable in question. Just knocked one up, I can't wait to try it out.