Question From 1050TI to 3060RTX [Same FPS]

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 14, 2024
I recenty upgraded from a 1050TI to a 3060RTX 12GB OC series. However i feel 0 diffrence in fps and i might even worse. I am comparing these cards in Dota 2 on ultra settings. Dont tell me that the CPU bottlenecks the GPU, it is impossible. And yes, I have used DDU to remove the old drivers.

Benchmark Report

Intel Core i5-12600KF
32GB HyperX Fury 2400mHz
MSI MAG A650BN
MSI PRO B760M-P DDR4
MSI Nvidia GeForce 3060RTX

Last edited:

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
From looking around DOTA seems to have a lot of similar issues with decent hardware putting our inconsistent fps. Seems to just be one of those games.

I feel that some other games need to be checked to understand if the hardware is performing in line with what is expected.

Oct 14, 2024
I have just looked up that motherboard and it is very basic with no heatsinks for a limited VRM. What case are you using and what cpu cooler?

Have you tried using a program like HWINFO to see what the VRM temps are like during load?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JtA61XTIw_SdNZdD-Q2nR2JjaCFUBjjx
You can take a look here, HWINFO during 3D mark test.

I played Helldivers 2 recently and had an average of 60 FPS on native scale and ultra settings in FHD, which might be normal. After enabling Turbo Boost in the BIOS, I get around 180 FPS in DOTA, which is also comfortable for me.

Cooler Master QUBE 500 Flatpack
Cooler Master Hyper 212

I built this PC by myself, guided by YouTube videos, and I probably messed something up. So far, I’ve achieved the FPS I was looking for, but it seems the performance could be higher. I just need to change something. Could you please tell me what could be improved in this PC?

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JtA61XTIw_SdNZdD-Q2nR2JjaCFUBjjx
You can take a look here, HWINFO during 3D mark test.

I played Helldivers 2 recently and had an average of 60 FPS on native scale and ultra settings in FHD, which might be normal. After enabling Turbo Boost in the BIOS, I get around 180 FPS in DOTA, which is also comfortable for me.

Cooler Master QUBE 500 Flatpack
Cooler Master Hyper 212

I built this PC by myself, guided by YouTube videos, and I probably messed something up. So far, I’ve achieved the FPS I was looking for, but it seems the performance could be higher. I just need to change something. Could you please tell me what could be improved in this PC?
If I remember correctly you have a 165hz monitor and so the maximum framerate you want to be going for is 165fps. Anything above that is wasted.

From looking at the HWinfo details then the VRM seems to be ok temperature wise which was my concern.

Helldivers 2 is also quite a cpu intensive game but getting 60fps with your setup seems fine and in line with what I would expect.

I feel that your system is running as it should be - the newer RAM will help in gaming. How much will depend on game to game.

In terms of what to do with your system is just try and enjoy it. Your 3060 is probably the next upgrade although at 1080p it will be fine as long as you manage settings.