[SOLVED] From RX 570 to RX 5500 XT

Solution
I would say no. A 5500 XT is typically a little bit faster than an RX 580, which is in turn only around 15% faster than an RX 570, so probably around 20% faster on average. I would personally want to see at least around 50% more performance to justify an upgrade, which would be around the GTX 1660 SUPER level. Those start around $230, at least in the US.

Maybe the Radeon 5600 or 5600 XT will be decent options as well, but those are not expected to launch until next month, going by current rumors.
I would say no. A 5500 XT is typically a little bit faster than an RX 580, which is in turn only around 15% faster than an RX 570, so probably around 20% faster on average. I would personally want to see at least around 50% more performance to justify an upgrade, which would be around the GTX 1660 SUPER level. Those start around $230, at least in the US.

Maybe the Radeon 5600 or 5600 XT will be decent options as well, but those are not expected to launch until next month, going by current rumors.

Last edited:
Solution
Due to its more efficient 7nm manufacturing process, GDDR6 VRAM and other efficiency improvements, a stock RX 5700 actually has similar power draw to an RX 570 under load, though some of the factory-overclocked models will have higher power draw out of the box, more like an RX 580. Still, it's not going to be a huge difference, so I wouldn't expect any trouble. In general, an RX 5700 is likely to draw a couple-hundred watts under load, but the rest of your components combined shouldn't be drawing much more than 150 watts, even with the CPU overclocked, so I would expect the total power draw of all components to be less than 400 watts from the PSU, and probably not much more than 300 watts in a typical gaming scenario. So you won't likely be pushing your PSU to its limits.

Reactions: bencike04201