Front mount radiators a bad idea?

Kyle_James

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hey guys, so recently I saw a few people saying that front mount inter-coolers (car talk) or radiators are bad for your PC.
I have three 140MM corsair fans on the top (exhaust) ,Two 140mm fans as intake on the front, with the radiator sitting in front of them, with two more 120mm fans in-taking in the same direction on the opposing side (so basically 4 intake fans with a radiator in the middle)
So far my temps have been about 5 degrees lower, they were about 45-48c under load in games like GTA V at 1440p 144hz with a top mount exhaust(gtx 980ti i7 6700) .
After the change to front mount with the all intake configuration of 4 fans I have been getting 38-40c under load and the gpu is still staying cool.
I should also mention I have a bottom intake 120mm and a rear 140mm exhaust fan.

Is there anything bad about this setup, I constantly see people saying front mount is bad. If it is...why so? bubbles are a real issue with the pump?
thanks guys

http://
thats a pic of the build

Solution
Here is the trade off.
An intake radiator will offer better cooling performance for the processor itself. The ambient temps in the case will increase slightly because of this, however if you have plenty of airflow and components that dont get too hot it dosent matter.
Here is the trade off.
An intake radiator will offer better cooling performance for the processor itself. The ambient temps in the case will increase slightly because of this, however if you have plenty of airflow and components that dont get too hot it dosent matter.

Solution

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

i would try to get a intake fan(assuming your case has it) on the side window, an intake on the bottom and the fans at the top/topback all be exhaust fans