Question Front panal Audio and USB

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
I have just bought a motherboard on eBay and have trouble with the Audio on the front panal one channel goes off.One of the USB s on the front panal does not work.What i would like to know .is this a problem with the case connections?Or is it the motherboard?I want to know if it is a motherboard problem i will send it back.

have trouble with the Audio on the front panel one channel goes off...
One of the USB ports on the front panel does not work.
What i would like to know is this a problem with the case connections?
Or is it the motherboard?
no one here has any clue as to what hardware you are working with or if any of these components may have known issues.

also no one here knows if you have actually correctly connected the chassis cables to your motherboard.
you will need to check the motherboard user manual for the image showing all ports/connectors and verify that you have correctly connected all front panel chassis cables.

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
no one here has any clue as to what hardware you are working with or if any of these components may have known issues.

also no one here knows if you have actually correctly connected the chassis cables to your motherboard.
you will need to check the motherboard user manual for the image showing all ports/connectors and verify that you have correctly connected all front panel chassis cables.
Unfourunaly I can,t put any photos on here
ASUS H61M-A USER MANUAL Pdf Download | Manuals
All the front panal connecters are connected as in the Manual and as the
you-tubers show. This is my first build so double checked everything was connected the right way, A97 Audio. connected i did try the HD Audio that did not sort the Front Audio.It seems like there is a bad connection on the front panal. If i could put pictures on here like you can on other sites it would make things easier.My own feeling is the case is the problem with the USB not working,I took the front of the case off i could not see any loose connections.Of course i did not take the Audio and USB unit out.The PC is working fine ,the CPU fan is nosie y
.ASUS P8H61-MX Motherboard + intel i5 2400 CPU + FAN + 4GB Ram.
“Good working condition ,Great motherboard tested to windows environment*I can,t say if the case has but, from the problems i am having it could have.It only cost me a fiver and it had a PSU that worked.

Last edited:

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
could be motherboard could you send it back to seller .
It's too late now, I know something the intel stock heatsink fans are rubbish. The fan is noisy. And yet before that, I had Dell and HP PC,s you could hardly hear them. I put it down to the plastic pins on the Intel stock coolers.😠 The screwed ones are a lot better.:)