[SOLVED] Front Panel Connector for power and reset buttons incompatible with MOBO

Wolfshadw

Titan
If that is a pre-built case, like a Dell system, you need a new case. You MIGHT be able to pull the individual wires from the header, but that can lead to short circuits and I don't recommend it.

If it's not a pre-built case, then I'd like to know what case it is so I remember to never recommend it.

-Wolf sends

prazed

Reputable
Sep 15, 2019
hello, thanks for the reply. It is not a pre built case. The case is an NZXT h500. I was using a different mobo with this case and that connector was working with it somehow. The mobo it worked with was an asrock z390 phantom gaming 4.
If that is a pre-built case, like a Dell system, you need a new case. You MIGHT be able to pull the individual wires from the header, but that can lead to short circuits and I don't recommend it.

If it's not a pre-built case, then I'd like to know what case it is so I remember to never recommend it.

-Wolf sends

hello, thanks for the reply. It is not a pre built case. The case is an NZXT h500. I was using a different mobo with this case and that connector was working with it somehow. The mobo it worked with was an asrock z390 phantom gaming 4.

I just changed from an old case to the NZXT 500H. That connector fit fine in my x570 Asus TUF.

If the pin out is not correct for your motherboard than use the adapter cable that also came with the case. It splits them out like the old school but pain in the butt single little connectors.

prazed

Reputable
Sep 15, 2019
I just changed from an old case to the NZXT 500H. That connector fit fine in my x570 Asus TUF.

If the pin out is not correct for your motherboard than use the adapter cable that also came with the case. It splits them out like the old school but pain in the butt single little connectors.

I bought a computer on craigslist and it came with the nzxt case so I don't have any extra cords for it. I'm having trouble searching for an adapter if there is one available for it. I may not be using the right terminology in my google searches to find a proper one.