[SOLVED] front panel Hd audio have only 5 wires.

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
My front panel panel 3.5mm jack connector labeled as Hd audio have only 5 wires coming from jack circuit and 5 holes are empty. the colour of hd audio connector is blue and wires' colours are blue, orange, red, white and black

Solution
That is why you need the motherboard and case User Guides/Manuals.

You have to determine what front panel services exist and what each of those wires is to connect.

Hopefully they are labeled and color coded to some standard.

For example only (the following linked image may not be applicable to your build).

Help connecting AAFP on ASUS TUF Z370 Plus - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips

See the third post. Your front panel may not support a microphone connection and have only 5 pins. That information should be in the case documentation.

Connectors are labeled as are the individual pins. Color coding may or may not be reliable.

Google "motherboard front panel pins". There should be quite a...

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

I believe that you are asking about how to connect the front panel audio connection to the motherboard.

You will need the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the Case's User Guide Manual to determine how the connections are to be made.

Hopefully standard pin outs.

To get a broad overview of audio connections google "front panel audio jack pinout wiring diagram".

The revise the wording and phrasing to narrow the search criteria as necessary.

However, the User Guides/Manuals are the ruling documents. Refer to them and sketch out the connections as necessary.

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
More information needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

I believe that you are asking about how to connect the front panel audio connection to the motherboard.

You will need the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the Case's User Guide Manual to determine how the connections are to be made.

Hopefully standard pin outs.

To get a broad overview of audio connections google "front panel audio jack pinout wiring diagram".

The revise the wording and phrasing to narrow the search criteria as necessary.

However, the User Guides/Manuals are the ruling documents. Refer to them and sketch out the connections as necessary.
no i know where to plug that, i have built a pc before. the only problem is this connectors have 5 wires coming from front panel and i don't know if it is supposed to be have 5 wires only or should there be more wires for that connecter ?

Ralston18

Titan
That is why you need the motherboard and case User Guides/Manuals.

You have to determine what front panel services exist and what each of those wires is to connect.

Hopefully they are labeled and color coded to some standard.

For example only (the following linked image may not be applicable to your build).

Help connecting AAFP on ASUS TUF Z370 Plus - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips

See the third post. Your front panel may not support a microphone connection and have only 5 pins. That information should be in the case documentation.

Connectors are labeled as are the individual pins. Color coding may or may not be reliable.

Google "motherboard front panel pins". There should be quite a number of resulting links.

You can then narrow the search by adding and changing words relevant to your motherboard and case.

Hopefully you will be able to identify what specific audio connection you have on the front panel.

Remember that there are also connections for Power, Reset, Drive Activity, and USB.

Do not get the case to motherboard connections mixed up.

Again the link I provided is just as a reference with respect to the information you need. The pins and connections should be close to what you have but may not be exact.

Solution