[SOLVED] Front panel I/O bugs out in windows 10

Apr 19, 2021
My front panel I/O has been working fine for months until now whenever on a fresh boot it'll read a usb, drop it, pick it up again, until it just doesnt read it anymore. Works fine in bios, but when boot into windows it just kills itself. It shouldn't be the connections, since it seems to work fine in other scenarios and has worked for months until this point.

EDIT: I guess I should also mention that im using a b450 auros pro wifi mobo and an nzxt case but i can't remember the model unfortunately. Also the bluetooth stopped working as well, dont know if thats related. It also sometimes just loops the windows "disconnect" sound over and over when I unplug something from the front I/O

EDIT2: Ok apparently just power cycling solves the issue. Anyone having the same issue should just switch their power supply off for a minute or 2 and it should work afterwards. Who knew

Last edited:
Solution
I just found out that my bluetooth is whats causing the constant disconnecting sound though, so i disabled that but tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for that but still the same issue
i had a previous motherboard's Bluetooth seem to fail on me.

after working fine for quite some time,
for a year or so it started showing constant errors in device manager and would not connect.
i uninstalled\reinstalled drivers & disabled\enabled in the BIOS many times to no avail.

turned out it was an issue in Windows causing it.
the first fresh OS install i ran after the problem had begun fixed it and it worked fine ever after.
My front panel I/O has been working fine for months until now whenever on a fresh boot it'll read a usb, drop it, pick it up again, until it just doesnt read it anymore. Works fine in bios, but when boot into windows it just kills itself. It shouldn't be the connections, since it seems to work fine in other scenarios and has worked for months until this point.

EDIT: I guess I should also mention that im using a b450 auros pro wifi mobo and an nzxt case but i can't remember the model unfortunately. Also the bluetooth stopped working as well, dont know if thats related. It also sometimes just loops the windows "disconnect" sound over and over when I unplug something from the front I/O
What do you mean when you state it "works fine in bios"?

Apr 19, 2021
What do you mean when you state it "works fine in bios"?
USBs dont disconnect, It shows up as a bootable device and the light stays on. I just found out that my bluetooth is whats causing the constant disconnecting sound though, so i disabled that but tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for that but still the same issue

I just found out that my bluetooth is whats causing the constant disconnecting sound though, so i disabled that but tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for that but still the same issue
i had a previous motherboard's Bluetooth seem to fail on me.

after working fine for quite some time,
for a year or so it started showing constant errors in device manager and would not connect.
i uninstalled\reinstalled drivers & disabled\enabled in the BIOS many times to no avail.

turned out it was an issue in Windows causing it.
the first fresh OS install i ran after the problem had begun fixed it and it worked fine ever after.

Solution