[SOLVED] Front panel on or off?

Tartarnos

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
I have the matrexx 70, which is a pretty good case, but I’m concerned about the airflow. With the front panel off, my cpu and gpu average 60-70 degrees celsius under load. With the front panel on, it increases by about 2-5 degrees. Should I leave it on or off?

Solution
The case is designed with the expectation that the front panel will be in place.

I am not sure about the difference that 2 - 5 degrees more will make especially if you are monitoring temperatures and keeping an eye on things.

It would be worth the effort to double check your fan installations/placement etc. to ensure that they are within the suggested/required locations.

Overall, the system may run cooler with the front case off but the resulting change in airflows could be facilitating some unmonitored/unmeasured hot spot being created.

Front panel on.

Note: also a deterrent to dirt, debris, bugs, and little hands......

Ralston18

Titan
The case is designed with the expectation that the front panel will be in place.

I am not sure about the difference that 2 - 5 degrees more will make especially if you are monitoring temperatures and keeping an eye on things.

It would be worth the effort to double check your fan installations/placement etc. to ensure that they are within the suggested/required locations.

Overall, the system may run cooler with the front case off but the resulting change in airflows could be facilitating some unmonitored/unmeasured hot spot being created.

Front panel on.

Note: also a deterrent to dirt, debris, bugs, and little hands......

Solution