Question Front Panel USB 3.0 Error

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
I have a Rakk Kisig case that has 1 USB 3.0 port in the front panel. When I insert my USB 3.0 drive, it's fine, but when I plug in my USB 2.0 drive in it, it starts to act weird. The drive mounting sound is always repeating the sound and the USB not recognized notification will appear then disappear and then appear again and it just keeps repeating like that. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated, thank you :)

Ralston18

Titan
Does the USB 2.0 drive work in other known working USB ports on your computer?

Does the USB 2.0 drive3 also work in USB ports ( 2.0 and 3.0) on other known working computers?

The USB 2.0 drive may not be making a full and firm connection to the USB 3.0 port.

Try using a USB extension cable between the USB 3.0 port and the USB 2.0 drive. Doing so may improve the physical connectivity.

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
Does the USB 2.0 drive work in other known working USB ports on your computer?

Does the USB 2.0 drive3 also work in USB ports ( 2.0 and 3.0) on other known working computers?

The USB 2.0 drive may not be making a full and firm connection to the USB 3.0 port.

Try using a USB extension cable between the USB 3.0 port and the USB 2.0 drive. Doing so may improve the physical connectivity.
Yes, my USB 2.0 drive works fine at the back of my PC and it's also fine with other PCs with USB 3.0 port in it.
I've tried using a USB extension, it still creates that error.
The thing is my USB 3.0 drive works perfectly fine without any problems.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought remains that the problem is a physical connection problem via the USB 2.0 drive and that particular port.

Especially if constantly connecting and disconnecting.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events regarding the USB 2.0 drive or USB in general.

What is on that USB 2.0 drive?

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
My thought remains that the problem is a physical connection problem via the USB 2.0 drive and that particular port.

Especially if constantly connecting and disconnecting.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events regarding the USB 2.0 drive or USB in general.

What is on that USB 2.0 drive?
The drive contains documents and some pictures.
Here's a video that shows the error: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ewqw95k56pnl9eo/2021-08-30_20-36-18.mp4/file