Hey guys,

My rig:
  • CPU: AMD 5600x
  • MOBO: ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PRO S
  • GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING 3060 Ti OC LHR
  • CASE: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB
  • Storage: Samsung Evo 970 Plus + Seagate 2tb
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb CL16

So my issue is, I have an android phone (Xiaomi Mi A1), I use a USB-C to USB cable to connect to one of the two front usb sockets. Every time I connect my phone, it keeps appearing and disappearing next to the clock in the taskbar. It used to work normally at some point and it just stopped suddenly. The phone starts to charge then rapidly stops and starts as well. I get the notification on the phone to choose (data transfer, image transfer or charging) but with any choice, the same issue occurs.
  • The phone and the cable work flawlessly when connected to any usb socket on the back and I can transfer data without issues
  • Just those two front usbs that are possessed.
  • They also specifically don't work with phones, I tried another phone and it did the same but still worked on any back usb.
  • The two front usb sockets work fine with flash drives and external drives with baffles me.

I have tried updating windows, uninstalling AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host controller in Device manager and reinstalling and I just bought a new cable and it also works fine in the back but not in the front.

I am not sure what could cause this specific issue. Do I maybe need certain qualcomm drivers and if so why now, why didn't I need them before.

JohnS2020

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
you could issue RMA claim with lian-li, or alternatively get usb extension cord which you can plug behind PC and willl be long enough to have access to it in front of PC
My first thought was it's an issue with the case as well, but given that the ports work with virtually anything except phones I wasn't sure anymore. Wanted to see if someone could figure another possible cause. I will likely rely on an extension cord rather than the hassle of an RMA.

Thank you.