Question Frustrating Trying To Buy Ryzen 9950X Off NewEgg.ca

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
I checked this morning to see if the listings changed yet on Amazon for the 9950X, but no its not listed yet. NewEgg had it coming, and I noticed their countdown clock which says you can place an order for it at noon today (a day early). I had my lunch break around that time and I kept watching NewEggs countdown. At 11:59 it still showed the CPU as "Auto Notify" instead of "Add to Cart". So I kept refreshing my screen at 12, 12:01, and so on. Never once did the Auto notify disappear. So the time said I should be able to buy it now, but nope. Auto Notify. I find it hard to believe that bots bought every single CPU within seconds of it being listed. So either their countdown clock was wrong and it wasn't available today, or flippers bought every single CPU, keeping it from the hands of people who really want them. They really should have a limit on how many an order can purchase. And stop multiple orders at the same address. Im now forced to try and get it off Amazon.ca tonight, but Im concerned it will be the same story again. I dont know if it will go live at 9PM Pacific Time or Midnight?

Anyone else have to deal with this $%%^ when trying to order this CPU?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Everyone deals with that.

The way to stop it is the proverbial " A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

From the movie WarGames.

Do you really need or require a 9950X? Wants and needs are two different things.

Think about it. How do you truly benefit from having it?

You are correct (in my personal opinion) about needing rules regarding purchase limits, etc..

However neither of us, or anyone really, controls such things.

Just do not play the game. Wait.

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
My current CPU needs to go in for warranty work and I dont want to wait too long before the warranty runs out for replacing it. The 9950X is built for what I need it for- rendering 8k video. This is a good time for me to replace the cpu and send the old one in. I have the option to buy it now, where as some time from now, I may not be able to. Plus the old CPU (the replacement one) will be worth more now then a year from now.

One store lists preorders for 9am Eastern time tomorrow. Is that typical of the timing for sale? Or will it be up by midnight?