FS10

What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It could
be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D vision and
satellite scenery yeah!
I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next three
years.

--
Cheers,

Quilly

Arthur

Interesting concept, Quilly, although it does have its downsides and
upsides. For instance, it would be a real ah heck when my teensy computer
room hits the 30C mark mid-summer.....that's a downside. On the upside, my
wife and me wouldn't have to look at each other for hours on end. I think
she might be quite grateful : )

All I want in FS10 is 'spacing, spacing, spacing' so I wouldn't be doing
anymore mating with other a/c aloft. Is that asking too much???

Arthur

> What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It could
> be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D vision and
> satellite scenery yeah!
> I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next three
> years.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Quilljar,
That exactly what I'm waiting for! A 3D VR helmet with head-tracking,
stereo headphones, and perhaps a VR glove so that you can set instruments on
the VC instrument panels. Of course this helmet would have the olfactory
module, so that you can smell the Jet A or 100 LL avgas. And realtimeAI
aircraft that model actual flights happening at that time. And of course,
you would be flying over a high-resolution bitmap photo-real scenery (not
more that a year old) that is texture-wrapped around a 2-meter resolution
terrain mesh. I would be the first in line!!
(Sigh) I can always dream.........

Randy L.

> What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It could
> be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D vision and
> satellite scenery yeah!
> I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next three
> years.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Hi Quilly,

I bet the thing would have a USB 3.0 lead to plug into the PC to
download the satellite weather.

So I'd have to upgrade again, and I'm only just about to start an
upgrade.

If this keeps up, we'll all have to become real-life pilots, just to
save some money! :)

Regards,
John Ward

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Quilly,
>
> I bet the thing would have a USB 3.0 lead to plug into the PC to
> download the satellite weather.
>
> So I'd have to upgrade again, and I'm only just about to start an
> upgrade.
>
> If this keeps up, we'll all have to become real-life pilots, just to
> save some money! :)

Sounds good to me!!!!

Mr. Steve

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:45:58 +0100, Quilljar wrote:

> What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It could
> be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D vision and
> satellite scenery yeah!
> I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next three
> years.

If it came to that, I'd sell my Jeep, get flying lessons, rob a bank and
buy a plane. And then buy a better Jeep. :)

--

Marcel
(If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:25:23 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
<zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:45:58 +0100, Quilljar wrote:
>
>> What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It could
>> be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D vision and
>> satellite scenery yeah!
>> I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next three
>> years.
>
>If it came to that, I'd sell my Jeep, get flying lessons, rob a bank and
>buy a plane. And then buy a better Jeep. :)

Imagine the weird looks you'd get if you loaded such a flightsim on a
laptop, put on your super-duper wizz-bang helmet and went into the
streets flying your favourite aircraft. Obviously you would need some
sort of harness to hold the laptop.

Are you listening, Microsoft? All we need now is a laptop Cray and we
are in business.

Randy L. wrote:
> Quilljar,
> That exactly what I'm waiting for! A 3D VR helmet with head-tracking,
> stereo headphones, and perhaps a VR glove so that you can set instruments on
> the VC instrument panels. Of course this helmet would have the olfactory
> module, so that you can smell the Jet A or 100 LL avgas. And realtimeAI
> aircraft that model actual flights happening at that time. And of course,
> you would be flying over a high-resolution bitmap photo-real scenery (not
> more that a year old) that is texture-wrapped around a 2-meter resolution
> terrain mesh. I would be the first in line!!
> (Sigh) I can always dream.........
>
> Randy L.
>
> "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It could
>>be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D vision and
>>satellite scenery yeah!
>>I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next three
>>years.
>>
>>--
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Quilly

"And realtime AI aircraft that model actual flights happening at that time."

Hey, Randy L.

Try FS Live at http://www.airnavsystems.com/ANFS/index.htm

Carlos

LPPR - Porto, Portugal

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

nolimits_32 wrote:

>>> What if the next sim was altered to hardware instead of software. It
>>> could be one of those helmets like the military wear. All round 3D
>>> vision and satellite scenery yeah!
>>> I'd buy one! I don't need another car, or a holiday for the next
>>> three years.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Quilly

Count me in!!!! I can see it now, wake up - put helmet on - lay down -
fly to Houston -

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)