News FSR 2.0 Is Coming To Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, Already In Testing

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
I think it will be successful, older Xbox's will be able to play newer games without looking like poo and newer Xbox's can be pushed harder.

I think the extra computing cost though minimal, will have Xbox outperform the PS5 for FSR titles. I don't say that as a fanboy, it's just a fact that while the hardware is nearly identical, the Series-X has a bit extra horsepower as overhead for FSR.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Now this is impressive, and if it gets optimizations for resource-limited systems such as the Xbox One, that will make it better all around.

If this is pulled off properly, that's an edge for the Xbox in graphics at least.

theboeingman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2012
I think it will be successful, older Xbox's will be able to play newer games without looking like poo and newer Xbox's can be pushed harder.

I think the extra computing cost though minimal, will have Xbox outperform the PS5 for FSR titles. I don't say that as a fanboy, it's just a fact that while the hardware is nearly identical, the Series-X has a bit extra horsepower as overhead for FSR.
I have both X and PS5, and agree wholeheartedly!

Damn_Smooth

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
Forspoken PS5 was confirmed by the developers to use FSR 2.0 long ago. Xbox isn't first at anything. Nice advertisement though.

Jun 24, 2022
Forspoken PS5 was confirmed by the developers to use FSR 2.0 long ago. Xbox isn't first at anything. Nice advertisement though.

Full disclaimer, I have a Series X and a PS5. I throughly enjoy both systems, Sony IME is very slow to roll out features.

Having started with a PS5 (as my first current gen system)and going through the slog of re-downloading every PS4 game that had an upgraded PS5 version and going through the inconsistent (sometimes non-existent) transfer of save files; smart delivery was a breath of fresh air, a patch on the game that had been transferred over from my old Xbox and I was ready to play the next-gen upgraded version of the game (save files were seamless).

Regarding your statement "Xbox isn't first at anything"; facts would dictate otherwise:

Xbox One X (2017):
  • Object based audio (PS5 2020)
  • ALLM (PS5 2022)
  • VRR (PS5 2022)
  • 120Hz (PS5 2020)
  • Dolby Vision HDR (not planned/never)
Xbox Series X/S (2020):
  • Ability to add additional storage for next-gen games (PS5 2021[M.2 support])
  • Smart delivery of next-gen games (never?)

Damn_Smooth

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
Full disclaimer, I have a Series X and a PS5. I throughly enjoy both systems, Sony IME is very slow to roll out features.

Having started with a PS5 (as my first current gen system)and going through the slog of re-downloading every PS4 game that had an upgraded PS5 version and going through the inconsistent (sometimes non-existent) transfer of save files; smart delivery was a breath of fresh air, a patch on the game that had been transferred over from my old Xbox and I was ready to play the next-gen upgraded version of the game (save files were seamless).

Regarding your statement "Xbox isn't first at anything"; facts would dictate otherwise:

Xbox One X (2017):
  • Object based audio (PS5 2020)
  • ALLM (PS5 2022)
  • VRR (PS5 2022)
  • 120Hz (PS5 2020)
  • Dolby Vision HDR (not planned/never)
Xbox Series X/S (2020):
  • Ability to add additional storage for next-gen games (PS5 2021[M.2 support])
  • Smart delivery of next-gen games (never?)
It was in regards to this article only that "Xbox isn't first at anything", not that Xbox has never been first at anything. Not sure how you took that literally.