Win98SE

From: "WWII" <wweldin@verizon.net>

| I can upload to an FTP site but can't download. When I drag and drop from
| the FTP site to a folder on my hard drive all I get is the circle with a bar
| through it. Any ideas?
|
| Thanks.
|
| W Weldin
| Win98SE

Are you using IE SP1 to perform a FTP get process ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

jay

> I can upload to an FTP site but can't download. When I drag and drop
> from the FTP site to a folder on my hard drive all I get is the circle
> with a bar through it. Any ideas?

Instead of drag-and-drop, you might try selecting items in the ftp window
and using
<right-click> || Copy to folder.

(I have MSIE 6.0.)

From: "Jay" <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com>

>> I can upload to an FTP site but can't download. When I drag and drop
>> from the FTP site to a folder on my hard drive all I get is the circle
>> with a bar through it. Any ideas?
|
| Instead of drag-and-drop, you might try selecting items in the ftp window
| and using
| <right-click> || Copy to folder.
|
| (I have MSIE 6.0.)

It tested and it works on IE6 SP1 on WinME and Win2K.

I haven't seen a reason why it doesn't work on Win98.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

IE version 6 SP1 with latest updates.

> From: "WWII" <wweldin@verizon.net>
>
> | I can upload to an FTP site but can't download. When I drag and drop
from
> | the FTP site to a folder on my hard drive all I get is the circle with a
bar
> | through it. Any ideas?
> |
> | Thanks.
> |
> | W Weldin
> | Win98SE
> |

> Are you using IE SP1 to perform a FTP get process ?
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

That works but why can't I drag and drop?

Thanks.

From: "WWII" <wweldin@verizon.net>

| That works but why can't I drag and drop?
|
| Thanks.

Start --> settings --> control panel --> Internet options --> Advanced

In IE advanced options, do you have a check in the box for "Enable folder view for FTP
sites" ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

I've got two Win 98SE PCs and I can't drag and drop from an FTP site on
either one. Drag and Drop works fine on my XP PCs.

Thanks.