Fujitsu Ultrabook Has Shift Hinge to Enable 4 Orientations

Status
Not open for further replies.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
quote "Toshiba's convertible Lifebook TH90/P is scheduled to launch on February 21"So, the Samsung Xperia Z2 is also expected at around the same time frame?

guvnaguy

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Pretty damn good specs, especially the battery life. I forgot Fujitsu even made laptops.Price will be the key here. What size screen is it?

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Pretty damn good specs, especially the battery life. I forgot Fujitsu even made laptops.Price will be the key here. What size screen is it?
This isn't really spectacular to be honest. The reason this is coming out now is to be able to use the Ultrabook branding, since Intel requires them to use the current version of cpus. Should they have waited a few months they'd be stuck with their inventory.Price will probably be at or above $1600. This assumes a 12-13" display (reasonable because weight requirements). They'll be gouging you for their 1440p display, but they're not giving you a ssd. I can guarantee you that the battery life is rated at lowest brightness, no wireless capabilities and possibly even a downscaled resolution. All while idling till it goes out. That's just what manufactures do, and its an irrelevant measurement till you get a hands on review.That's really sad... the point of an ultrabook was never to be. They're meant to be small form factor, quick, mobile laptops that are capable of serving basic computing functions... possibly work applications too. Not UHD movie watching while you keep your laptop plugged in. At this price point, I'd either wait for the broadwell ultrabooks, or go with the Samsung 9 series, which seems like a good buy atm. Personally I have an Asus UX31A and love it.

guvnaguy

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

I think it's pretty good considering most other ultrabooks top out at 9 hours (except the Vaio w/ sheet battery), and the Macbook Air gets 12 or so.

With moderate usage I'd say you can get at least over 10 hours, if their claims are remotely accurate. Still not bad at all. Probably not worth $1600 though if it turns out to be that much

Status
Not open for further replies.