[SOLVED] Full hardware reset on Windows Restart

Sep 29, 2021
I have a PCI card that gets its communication with its instrument hung up during a standard Windows 10 Restart. When I do a full shutdown, and manually fire up the PC, this is not an issue and the PCI card can communicate with the instrument correctly. This PC needs to be able to be restarted remotely. Does anyone have any advice on what to research to try and get this working?

Thanks!

Solution
Things to try:
* disable Win fast boot:
  1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type in Power Options, and then press Enter .
  2. From the left menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
  3. Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
  4. Click the Save changes button.
* disable Win hibernation:
  1. Click the magnifying glass icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen. ...
  2. Then type Command Prompt into the search bar.
  3. Next, click Run as administrator.
  4. Then type powercfg.exe /hibernate off into the Command Prompt.
  5. Finally, hit Enter on your keyboard.
* from BIOS, disable CPU C6 and C7 sleep states.

One of these, or all combined, may...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Things to try:
* disable Win fast boot:
  1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type in Power Options, and then press Enter .
  2. From the left menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
  3. Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
  4. Click the Save changes button.
* disable Win hibernation:
  1. Click the magnifying glass icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen. ...
  2. Then type Command Prompt into the search bar.
  3. Next, click Run as administrator.
  4. Then type powercfg.exe /hibernate off into the Command Prompt.
  5. Finally, hit Enter on your keyboard.
* from BIOS, disable CPU C6 and C7 sleep states.

One of these, or all combined, may fix the issue you're having. If not, i'm out of ideas.

Solution