Fully Modular PSU?

clearfork4pk1ng

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
I'm currently upgrading my first build ever and at the moment im using the Corsair CX 600 Builder non Modular. I'm pretty irritated with the clutter of cables and im wonder a few things

A. Is getting a fully modular PSU really worth it
B. What comes with a fully modular PSU. Cable Wise
C. Will it be easy for me to hook it all up?

Solution
1. Depends on how much cable management room you have to work with. IMO, if you're going to change out PSUs anyway, then yes. Also, you might want to consider getting a higher quality PSU - that one is decent, but there are better ones for not too much more.

2. You'll have to check the specs for particular PSUs that you're considering. There are a lot of variations.

3. Yes.

Edit: You only mentioned fully modular, but semi-modular can be a good option, too. On those, the non-modular cables tend to be the ones that most computers need anyway, then you get modular cables for the stuff that varies from build to build, like peripheral power cables and 6+2 pin GPU cables. More expensive than non-modular PSUs, but usually cheaper...
1. Depends on how much cable management room you have to work with. IMO, if you're going to change out PSUs anyway, then yes. Also, you might want to consider getting a higher quality PSU - that one is decent, but there are better ones for not too much more.

2. You'll have to check the specs for particular PSUs that you're considering. There are a lot of variations.

3. Yes.

Edit: You only mentioned fully modular, but semi-modular can be a good option, too. On those, the non-modular cables tend to be the ones that most computers need anyway, then you get modular cables for the stuff that varies from build to build, like peripheral power cables and 6+2 pin GPU cables. More expensive than non-modular PSUs, but usually cheaper than fully-modular models.

Solution