[SOLVED] future build help

Feb 25, 2020
Hello there,

i would like to know if these componetns will be compatible with each other and which gpu to get.
cpu: amd ryzen 7 3700x box
mobo: asus prime B450M-A
case: kolink inspire k1 rgb
ram: corsair vengence rgb pro ddr4 3200 mghz 16 gb
power supply: seasonic m1211-520 EVO edition
hdd: WB blue 2tb
ssd: samsung 860 evo 500 gb
cooling: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
gpu: 1) MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Gaming X
OR
2) Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Pulse

I would like to point out that the radeon rx is 60 euros cheaper than the rtx 2060 and also i already have an AOC AG322QC4 monitor which has radeon freesync.
So will this build wok? and also which gpu should i get?
PS: yeah im noob at pc-building

Solution
How far in the future is this future build? Far enough in the future, it wouldn't make sense to make a part list at all right now. Sales, product changes, and new products change can shift what a good build is very, very quickly.

While the 5700 XT is a very good GPU and a better buy with it coming in at a lower price, if you're using an old budget SeaSonic PSU like this, I would go with the 2060 Super due to the lower power consumption. The PSU is a solid implementation of a rather old design and recommendable on budget builds, but I think this build, with a 3700x and a $400 GPU, crosses the line where that PSU remains appropriate. But if you're not changing the PSU, then the 2060 Super would be a better choice with this.
You need to get a board ready for 3rd gen Ryzen's. Most people suggest the MSI Tomahawk MAX. Otherwise it's a very nice build.

Go with the 5700xt, the 2060S can just get away with ray tracing but it will lose a lots of FPS, game title dependent. The 5700xt with your Freesync AoC will be a really nice set up.

Reactions: tolis1411

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
How far in the future is this future build? Far enough in the future, it wouldn't make sense to make a part list at all right now. Sales, product changes, and new products change can shift what a good build is very, very quickly.

While the 5700 XT is a very good GPU and a better buy with it coming in at a lower price, if you're using an old budget SeaSonic PSU like this, I would go with the 2060 Super due to the lower power consumption. The PSU is a solid implementation of a rather old design and recommendable on budget builds, but I think this build, with a 3700x and a $400 GPU, crosses the line where that PSU remains appropriate. But if you're not changing the PSU, then the 2060 Super would be a better choice with this.

Reactions: tolis1411
Solution