[SOLVED] Future proof PSU

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
Hello. I want to buy a 1000-1200 watts PSU for a build that wild end up with a 4000 series GPU. I'm not sure how much wattege i will need, rumors say you need a 1200w for a 4090, which seems a bit exagerated, but i'd rather be safe than sorry. Like i said, i want it future proof. My main concern is with the new pcie5 power connector that they say will become a standard, and currently only Asus anounced they will have it on their Thor 2 PSU. Which are unavailable at the moment, at least where i'm from....my question is, will a current PSU work with the new GPU'S when they come out?

Solution
bro you went ahead in time a little to fast
some rumor suggest that current psu will not be able to work with Nvidia newest gen 40xx
il you have a working pc properly just wait for announcement first if yes new gen need a new = psu then buy the new ones that are coming in the near futur
if not new gpu will require just a premium psu then buy any one
from bequit Corsair seasonic you will be good

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
bro you went ahead in time a little to fast
some rumor suggest that current psu will not be able to work with Nvidia newest gen 40xx
il you have a working pc properly just wait for announcement first if yes new gen need a new = psu then buy the new ones that are coming in the near futur
if not new gpu will require just a premium psu then buy any one
from bequit Corsair seasonic you will be good

Solution