Futuremark Launches 3DMark for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
smartphones has come a long way since the first iPhone.

also just for giggles, I benched my droid DNA, and surprisingly, it scores similarly to my 3 year old Alienware m11x. though I'm not sure how different regular desktop 3DMark Icestorm is to this version

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
This should get equal points as PCs do (or laptops, doesnt matter). Would be nice to see how top high end phone gets 0.25 of low end computer with APU. There are phones for 700$ but you can get better if you choose PC for that money and stop playing awfull angry birds. But thats just an opinion, dont disslike me on that.

hyperstalker

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
[citation][nom]tadej petric[/nom]This should get equal points as PCs do (or laptops, doesnt matter). Would be nice to see how top high end phone gets 0.25 of low end computer with APU. There are phones for 700$ but you can get better if you choose PC for that money and stop playing awful angry birds. But thats just an opinion, don't dislike me on that.[/citation]
Considering these are two different platforms people are willing to drop 700$ on a phone over a computer. If I wasn't a computer enthusiast I would defiantly put more money into the phones I have. The way smartphones are now its like having a mini computer with tons of portability.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

I only use phone to call, SMS,watch free news and (rarly) play Rally 3d. For this my express music is good enough. But I dont know for others.
On the otherside if we ignore size, phones are 10 years behind compared to PCs(not how many cores but pure preformance (cant be done directly since you cant do near as much on phones as you can do on computers)). But its just an opinion, it varies.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]Wasn't this released 2-3 days ago..?You'd think an article would have already been published earlier..[/citation]
The NDA lifted 2-3 days ago, but he app didn't launch until today.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]tadej petric[/nom]This should get equal points as PCs do (or laptops, doesnt matter). Would be nice to see how top high end phone gets 0.25 of low end computer with APU. There are phones for 700$ but you can get better if you choose PC for that money and stop playing awfull angry birds. But thats just an opinion, dont disslike me on that.[/citation]
Anandtech recently did an article comparing a range of Android devices to Surface Pro and some older discrete cards (geforce 7900GTX):

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6877/great-equalizer-3-smartphone-tablet-gpu-performance-compared-desktop

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Anandtech recently did an article comparing a range of Android devices to Surface Pro and some older discrete cards (geforce 7900GTX):http://www.anandtech.com/show/6877 [...] ed-desktop[/citation]

Thanks for the link. :D Pretty cool to know that the Surface Pro scores almost equal to a 7900Gtx in some test's (I used to have the 7900Gto which is basically the same card rebadged).

As far as 3Dmark, I just ran IceStorm last night 1080p on default settings, and got a 124,697 on my pc. So that will give everyone with tablets or phones something to compare it to. :D

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
^detailed scores
3DMark Score124697
3DMarks Graphics Score 281680
Physics Score 42262
Graphics Test 1 1075.7 FPS
Graphics Test 2 1421.5 FPS
Physics Test 134.2 FPS

tadej petric

Honorable