FX-6300 Throttling to 1.5ghz and sometimes jumping to 4.1ghz

DOLF

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
So I recently swapped out my motherboard and graphics card for something a bit better than what I had before I upgraded form a old 760g motherboard to a 970 motherboard. I also ungraded to a 1060. The reason I did this was to solve my issues of throttling and upgrading my pc. I always figured my throttling was due to a bad motherboard but this doesn't seem to be the case. The Processor will randomly throttle to up and down even without being under load. I have no Idea why this is as you can see in the link below. I have also noticed a significant difference in benchmarks and my system with people of identical hardware to mine. Thank you for the help in advance.
https://gyazo.com/38ba22d547ff5e8c6ad3b7d51bcc94c2
Specs
CPU- AMD FX-6300 Stock 3.5ghz
Motherboard- GigaByte 970FX
Ram- Crucial 8gb 1600mhz
GPU- EVGA GTX 1060
HDD- WD Blue 1TB
Case- White NZXT Source 210
PSU- EVGA 500 watt silver certified

Solution
The default for many motheboard BIOS have power saving features enabled such as Cool n' Quiet, C1E and Core C6 State. These will examine the demands on the PC moment to moment and adjust the CPU speed accordingly. If you want the CPU to run at maximum all the time go into the BIOS and disable them.

jeffredo

Distinguished
The default for many motheboard BIOS have power saving features enabled such as Cool n' Quiet, C1E and Core C6 State. These will examine the demands on the PC moment to moment and adjust the CPU speed accordingly. If you want the CPU to run at maximum all the time go into the BIOS and disable them.

Solution