fx 8320 cooling

vk991

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
i have fx 8320 info about other things :
top psu antec 450w with 120 mm exhaust fan + 80 mm exhaust back
i am planning to add one more fan should i fit it sideways (cabinet) so that it gives in fresh air or one more exhaust?
AND cpu is on Stock fan

Solution
G
You'd be better off with a bit more than that.
The 8320 runs quite warm, especially on the tiny stock cooler. Getting as much fresh air in, and warm air out as possible is always a good idea.

Plus, case fans are like super cheap anyway, so it's really quite an easy upgrade. It may be worth investing in a cheap-but-good aftermarket cooler also, if you can run to it.
G

You'd be better off with a bit more than that.
The 8320 runs quite warm, especially on the tiny stock cooler. Getting as much fresh air in, and warm air out as possible is always a good idea.

Plus, case fans are like super cheap anyway, so it's really quite an easy upgrade. It may be worth investing in a cheap-but-good aftermarket cooler also, if you can run to it.

Solution

vk991

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

should i fit side ways cooler as exhaust or let it blow in (fresh AIr)

vk991

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

OK i will consider that

G

All depends on location dude. Generally, I like to recommend positive airflow as opposed to negative. This means in short, more intake fans than exhaust.

People mostly put intake fans on the front of the case, and exhaust at the rear (*giggles*) and top. Heat rises.
Also intakes at the bottom, if your case allows for that.

Of course mounting locations and amount varies from case to case. Some only allow one in the front, some 2. Some larger ones might even allow 3 or more in the top. Just grab some decent enough fans and mount them in the locations you think best, don't forget that intakes will suck in dust as well as air if there isn't a filter there.

vk991

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

my cabinet doesnt have any front space for fan only sideways is left(1) so i was just planning to add one more
fan ,ok i will decide if to add for exhaust/intake/or even not..