Question FX 8350 Heating issues

Shiv10

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017
Actually I am facing an issue with my fx 8350 on idle when I am just surfing the internet and downloading a game on steam it reaches to 80 c and this is happening when I am using a liquid cooler i.e cooler master liquid lite 120 and my motherboard is MSI 970 gaming AM3 + and corsair HX 750 psu {Note at first I thought maybe my processor is at fault so I send it to AMD since it was in warranty and they send me a new AMD fx 8350 but still, I'm facing this heating issue} .plz anyone advise me what to do.
ATPEin.jpg

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Those readings aren't accurate. If they were, the PC should've shut off on you.
The FX-8350's max operating temperature is 61C. You've exceeded that by over 20C!

When a cpu approaches throttle temp, it's drops clock speed and voltage to cool down - I'm not seeing that here, with core clocks and temps of 4.1ghz and 76C respectively!
If temps continue to increase after that, it shuts off. It hasn't done that, has it? So I know those temperature readings by HWMonitor aren't accurate.

Download AMD Overdrive and check your temps with it.
Now, it reads a little differently. Instead of current temp, it reads as 'distance to throttle temp'. As long as it stays over 10C at all times, the cpu is ok.

Though, I can't imagine that cpu actually is ok, with a 120mm AIO that was intended for 70w, 4 core cpus or lower...

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2